32

Jennifer's POV.

iMessage: Jennifer.
12:45pm.
"I'm ready for lunch whenever you are 😊 "

iMessage: Leah.
12:46pm.
"Perfect!!!! I'm hungry af. I know this place...I'll text you the address."

A few minutes after, she did. This was all very surprising but I didn't want to say something and then ruin it. I drove all the way to the restaurant and there she was. On her phone. She looked exhausted, but still really beautiful.

"Hey!" I waved at her and she looked up and smiled softly. Her smile made me feel a lot of ways.

"Hi baby." She said and stood up.

She kissed me.

On the lips.

Well, she actually pecked my lips. But...

She kissed me, to say hi.

Okay...that was a first.

I smiled.

"How are you?"
"I'm good, tired. It's been a really busy day I asked for a time out. I'm dead." She said and rubbed her forehead. "Aw." I made a sad face and ran my thumb over her hand across the table, "How was your morning, what did you do?" "Well, I opened some bodies, saved some lives, the usual. Not to flatter myself but, yeah, the usual." She said and then laughed, I rolled my eyes. "I'm just kidding. I've been taken care of the new interns. We went for rounds, then we took over some patients on the ER. Some consults. It's been a busy yet a pretty boring day, but what about you? How's that first day going?You look gorgeous." She said and it made me smile. "Well, it's been good. I've just been going around. I was introduced to the people on the floor, then I've been reading some stuff about a new client they're handling. It's actually a hospital. It's pretty interesting." "Really? That's awesome! So you're liking it so far?" She asked going through the menu. "So far so good, yeah." I nodded and also joined her on looking for something to eat on the menu.

We ordered our food and continued with the rest of the lunch talking about whatever.

"I'm pretty surprised you're still here. I didn't wanna say it before because I did this morning and your beeper went crazy but since lunch is over, let me just..." I shrugged smiling. "I'm telling you, it's been a pretty boring day. But I'm happy I've been here throughout the whole thing. I love spending time with you."  She said as we were walking towards my car. I smiled to myself. This was too good to be true.

"Leah...can I- hm...can I ask you something?" I stopped just before I could open my car. 
"Uh, yeah sure. What is it?"
"What are we?" "Well, we are humans...I guess." She joked. I kind of laughed a little, it was actually funny, stupid but yeah. But I was still thinking about what Ally told me this morning. It's been inside my head going round and around.

"I'm serious. What are we? What are we doing? What is this?" "Ohhhh, my god. I- I'm not sure...we are dating, I guess." She replied truly clueless.

It's not an easy question.

"You guess?" I laughed a little trying not to go off.
"Do you have feelings for me?" I asked looking down.

"I-" she sighed. "I believe so." "No! That's not a valid answer." "You know what? Forget it. I need to go back to work, it's getting late. I'll- I'll see you around." I said, clearly pissed. I hate when people are not straight forward with me, just fucking it say it, be honest with me.

I opened my car door.

"Jen, stop." She said softly but firmly but, I wasn't going to just stay there. That'd be awful since I was already catching an attitude. It was about to take over me, and that was not going to end up okay.

"Let me just go. Think about it and then we can talk. Honestly, I don't feel like discussing it any further." I said and looked at her straight in the eyes.
"But... well, okay, however you prefer."

No!!!!!! Oh, my god. She was not supposed to do that. She couldn't just leave it like that. We know that was not the right thing to do.  Sigh.

"Good. See you later, thanks for lunch." I finally said and got in my car. I started to drive away and I could see her, she was still standing there.

Fuck it.

Needless to say that it ruined my mood, the whole thing, ruined my mood. I thought I was playing around. But I really liked her. I thought this was a game, but it was not and I realized it when I asked her and I didn't get the answer I wanted.  I guess I was afraid to be the only one into it, into the relationship and whatnot. But I guess I was. who knows.

Leah: iMessage.
5:30pm.

"I'm sorry for that. I was just so out of place, but you know I have feelings for you, and I really like you, we are dating. I know that, I just don't know if we are on the same page😕😕."

Jennifer: iMessage.
5:38pm.

"Guess not."

________________________

😮😮😮😮😮