16

Jennifer's POV.

I thought I spoke, but it was all in my head.

"Can I?" She said and pointed at the spot in front of me. "I-hmm sure." I managed to say and she nodded. "Can- I- why are you here? I mean, what are you doing here? How did you find me?" I was so confused. Per usual. She laughed a little, covering her mouth with her hand. She's so cute. I looked away. No!

"Well, I knew about your graduation day, I couldn't make it to the ceremony, that's obvious, so I at least came here hopefully I can maybe take you for ...breakfast or maybe you wanna go have something now?" She suggested. "I don't think so. I'm full. I'm good, thanks. Aren't you on call?" I asked. I wasn't trying to be rude but I think I didn't succeed. "Alright, I understand you don't want me here, but why? Why you left? Why all that? Was it something I did?" She asked, I'm so stupid.

I shook my head and looked away.

Fuck!

I took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry I ran away." I apologized and she nodded. "You look beautiful." I added and she smiled big. "I tried to put myself together." She told me and that made me smile. "Actually, I may be hungry now. Maybe not... but let's get out of here." I said and stood up. "Can you just tell me why? Then I can take you anywhere you want me to." she insisted.

"I don't usually go over this. But I feel like I owe you this." I sighed, "I'm traumatized. Love has failed me so many times before. The last one was the death of me. She literally played me, in every single possible way. She had a girlfriend, but she wanted me, everything was a big lie, she kept on saying things but there were not actions at all. I guess it was all on me. She didn't care not even a bit, and even though I was hurt, I couldn't let her go, I fell in love badly. This is stupid, I know, but it made me feel bad, really bad, and I guess my feelings got destroyed, you, could say so. I expected more from her, I expected something I knew I wasn't going to receive, but I kept on pushing and I ended up heartbroken. She came back with her, I believe they're going to get married or something. It still hurts. She did me wrong, but there's something about me. I always see the good in people, no matter how badly they hurt me or how much they just don't care, I always see the good in them. It's sad, and when I say it out loud it's stupid, that's what it is, but it hurts so bad. Someone not seeing your worth is actually one of the worst things ever. I'm just scared. I do not want to go through that, ever again." I finished and shrugged. My eyes got watery. She just rubbed my back. She stood up and hugged me, tight.

"I'm sorry, baby. I really am, I understand now. It's okay." She whispered and hugged me even tighter. "Don't worry, the good news, she is out of your life, you get a chance to try again, I have a feeling it's going to be way better than what she had to offered." She said and pulled away, she was smiling. "How you know?" I smiled softly. "I just do. I promise." She winked and rubbed my hand. "Don't promise things you are not sure you can fulfill." I said.

"I have a feeling. You deserve way more. It's her loss." She got closer to my face and kissed my cheek, almost my jawline, softly and slowly. It made me close my eyes and I got goosebumps all over my body. "Let's go eat or something." She whispered and started walking away. That's when I saw her outfit. She was wearing a black tight dress, it stopped over her knees and the cleavage was on point. Heels. Her hair was curly and down. Soft makeup but red lips. She looked really good.

She realized I wasn't following her and turned around. "Jennifer." She called out. I loved the way she said my name. I bit my lip. I stood up and walked to her. I placed my hand on the back of her neck and pulled her in for a kiss. A slow and deep one, it was quick though. She placed her hand over my waist and had a firm grip there. I pulled away and smiled like a kid. I bit my lip and just looked at her. She had her eyes closed. It took her a second. "Hm- alright." She opened her eyes and looked at me smiling as well. She was just looking down at me. "Let's go eat?" Her hand still on my waist and eyes all over mine. "Mhmm." I smiled. She smiled back and kissed me again. She pulled me even closer, our bodies were touching, her hand went down my butt and she squeezed it softly pushing my body even closer to hers. "Alright, start walking." She pulled away letting go of my bottom lip softly. I just smiled to myself.

This could be a really good night.

__________