43

Jennifer's POV.

Two months later.

Things between Leah and I had been going good so far, it was really challenging since our did not cooperate at all, but when you really want something you try and it kind of works out. So that's what we were doing, we were working it out, it was a challenge, as I said, but still, we were trying our best.

"Jennifer, I don't think that's the best option. We need a nicer place for this, it's going to be huge." Alexa said. We were planing the business meeting for closing a deal, it was not only dinner but then the after party celebrating such a thing. We have been working on that for over two months and a half and it was finally coming together. So we were planing this huge event.

"I- I don't know!" I said frustrated, "isn't there something like a team that plans this? I mean, do we really have to?" I pouted. "You're so cute," she laughed, "not really, we gotta do it, I would leave it to Jessica but I'd rather do it myself, I like to take control over everything. So when we figure something and it's approved by Miguel then we can hand it to my assistant. But-" "We gotta figure it out first, I know." I said looking through my laptop screen, trying to find a nice place. "What about...this." I turned the laptop around, "dinner here and then we can go...here...it's a really nice place, it's a really nice house and it'd be perfect." I smiled. "I like it! Put that on an email right away. Mail it to Miguel, and also to me please." She smiled. "Will do! So, are we done here?" I asked as I was typing the email. "Well, actually some other coworkers were planning on going for drinks after work, you know, since it's Friday and all that, maybe you'd want to come with us." She explained and I looked up slowly. "I- sure! I don't have any plans..." even though I wish I did.

"oh! Fantastic! I'll go now, see you later." She smiled big enough to blind me with her extra white teeth and then walked out of my office. Anyways...I continued with my email

-

"Are you ready? We are leaving in 5." Alexa said and I nodded, "it's all set, I'll be out in five." I smiled and closed my laptop. I grabbed my stuff and we left to the elevator.

She sighed and smiled looking at me, "I'm glad you're finally going out with, hm, with us. It's going to be fun." "I needed it. I want a drink, maybe two," I laughed a little and she did as well. "Right. Whatever happened to this girl you were dating?" She asked looking down at her phone. "She's now my girlfriend." I smiled and she looked up shocked, "Really?" "Yes." I smiled widely. "Oh, I see. Well...that's really nice." She nodded and looked down at her phone again. "What about you? Are you seeing anyone?" "I- hm, not really, I've been busy so I don't really have time for that." She explained and then the elevator doors opened. "It's really close to here, so let's just walk over there. You can leave your car here, we work on Saturday so you can always come and get it if you want." She said. "Sure, why not."

-

Three drinks in and I'm already talking about how Alexa and myself should hang out way more often. She laughed and assured that would be the nicest. The fact that she liked me was still there, in the back of my head. Leah's face would appear every time I thought about it.

Jennifer: iMessage.
12:30am.
"I'm having drinks with friends from wok. Lemme kno whn youre out of surgery."

Hm, I was a little tipsy I guess.

Leah: iMessage.
1:00am.

"I just did, baby. I'm down for a drink, are you still there? send me the location I'll go as soon as I finish checking on my patients."

And I did. I sent her the location.

"So that's basically how I ended up here and not back in Australia!" "That's crazy. But glad you made it here so we met." I didn't even know what she was talking about but I followed along.

"Well isn't your skin the softest." She said and I smiled. "I know. I use a lot of moisturizer."

What was that talk about?

"I see." She said and placed her hand on my thigh.

By this point all of our coworkers left. It was almost 1:30 am.

She kept on running her hand on my thigh and I just smiled at her.

"I love your face and your eyes, your lips..." she said and ran her fingertips over my lips. She looked down, and leaned closer. "I love your scent. I love to have you around." She continued. She leaned even closer and I just closed my eyes.

I was definitely drunk.

"I'll kiss you now." She said and did it. She kissed me slowly. At first I didn't do anything, I didn't move I didn't kiss her back or anything, but it took me seconds. She ran her hand even further up and I gave in, I kissed her back.

"I- no." I said and pulled her away. "Jen, come on." She insisted. "I said no, I have a girlfriend." I wasn't that drunk. "She doesn't have to find out." She said. "Right...still no. I guess I'll go." I said and stood up. I got so dizzy that I sat back down. "Damnit." I whispered and she walked closer, lifted my head up by my chin and kissed me again.

And we all I know my luck isn't the best, so...

"Oh, but how cute you two. This is lovely." I heard Leah's voice and I pulled away immediately. I had my eyes still closed and I just rubbed my forehead. I knew I screwed up.

-----