54

Jennifer's POV. 

I followed her and she was waiting for the elevator and when it opened I got there and inside with her. She was a crying mess.

"I don't want her to go. Please." She cried and I just hugged her. Her face was so red and swollen from all the crying, it was crazy. She let me and I just did, I held her there. We got to a floor that had just a door. "Are we allowed in here?" I asked looking around and Leah nodded. We walked out and then I realized it was the rooftop. "I don't want her to go, Jennifer she's dying. She's on stage four, and it's spreading like crazy. She's dying." She repeated it over and over. "She sighed a fucking DNR." "What is that?" "If she's dying she doesn't want anyone to perform CPR, she doesn't want to be resuscitated." She closed her eyes and let the tears fall down.

She was so hurt. It made me feel so bad I couldn't do anything to help her.

"I don't know how my family decided to just let her do it. Instead of telling her to just go and try to save her fucking life!"

I made her sit down and I sat beside her.

"Leah, baby. You more than anyone know how much a cancer patient struggles. How painful, stressful and just damaging, having cancer and fighting it, is. I just...you need to understand her, she's in pain, she's tired, she doesn't want to be put into this, she's suffering." "It's not easy. I can't do it overnight." "No one is asking you to do it, take your time, I understand. Just know she's not going to be here for much longer. This is it. Just take advantage and spend the time with her. Do it for her. That's what she wants. So give it to her." I said and she took a deep breath. "You know- deep inside I know that's the best option but I need to try harder, I can't let her just decide the million options we could try are just not going to be tried." "I understand and she does too, she's a doctor too, she knows there are some ways, but she also knows it doesn't always work, and she doesn't want to waste any more time. She wants to use the time she got left. She's still trying chemo and radiation and all the things you want her to try, but she will put an end whenever she considers it convenient." I explained the nicest possible way.

"You're right." She said and my eyes widen. This was really weird, she would never accept I was right, never. Even when it was really obvious I was right.

"Thank you for always being there for me. I love you." "I'm going to be here. I'm always going to be here." I hugged her and she did back. She sighed. "It's not easy I know, but you can do it. You have to learn how to let go, it's painful, never easy, but sometimes we need to just, do it..." I said and she squeezed me tighter.

-

To make a two months and a half long story really super short.

Leah's mom passed away. She tried chemo and radiation for a week, then they started fixing everything so she could travel, that took over three weeks. Then she went to Greece, Santorini, we all did. Leah left for the entire month and a half but I traveled there a week before her mom passed away. I was working and I was not my own boss, like Leah was, so I had to do it, I had to stay and work, and handle work, and Leah crying over the phone at nights. She was slowly getting there, that was the hardest part, accepting her mom was eventually going to just, go, die.

It's sad how sometimes some things need to happen so you can know the value of a person. I found myself spending more time with my mom, my sisters, I said I love you more often, and how much I really appreciated someone. I found myself appreciating the things around me way more. Because after all, life is super short, it literally can change in a blink of an eye.

Leah handled it well, she was sad, but I guess she didn't have any more tears to cry.

She smiled.

"I want to stay here for one more day." She said before closing the blinds. Her mom was transferred to the United States the same day she died and her siblings left as well.

"Alright baby, whatever you want. I'll stay." It was Friday, so I didn't have any problem with work. "Do you want to go walk around the beach with me?" She offered. "Sure." I smiled and got out of bed.

"This place is beautiful and so peaceful." I said and closed my eyes letting the salty breeze hit my face. "It is. I'd like to remember her like that, beautiful and peaceful...Santorini will always have a special place in my heart." She said and we sat down on the sand. She leaned closer and rested her head on my shoulder. I held her and laid back down looking at the sky. It was so beautiful, there were a few stars and the moon was almost full. "I love you...will always do." Leah whispered, "Please remember that." She added. I sighed, "I love you more, baby."

---

Dis is coming to an enddddd 👀👀👀 it was about time, I know.