49

Jennifer's POV.

Several weeks have passed and Leah's mom just seemed to get worse, when we thought she was better then there was something new. Leah tried way too hard to stay positive, but she was way too hurt and destroyed inside. It was almost Christmas and all she wanted was her mom to be okay. By then, she was supposedly better, she was walking through it. Leah was another person, she was a little more content and that was good. We decorated the house for Christmas and stuff, and just like if everything was alright. We were having a really great time there when her beeper went off. I think I never mentioned it but her beeper is just her phone, sounding like an actual beeper, technology.

She froze and looked up at me blank. She looked down on it and then took a deep breath. "It's just a consult, but I'm not on call and it's not my mom so that's it...I'm tired. Why don't we go and rest?" She suggested and leaned to kiss me. "Sure." I kissed her back and it got more interesting by the minute. "Hm...I've missed you." I said and placed my hands over her shoulders, she ran her hands over my sides and then down my ass charging me up and placing me on the top of the kitchen table. "Time for you to make me yours, again..." I giggled and she smirked. "Always a pleasure." She said and the night went on.

-

It was super fun to live with Leah, even though a little stressful, I loved it. I loved her, and I could picture myself spending the rest of my days with her.

We spent thanksgiving with her family. I mean, my mom went on a cruise and my siblings were at their mothers in law houses. I enjoyed it so much.

We were a week away from Christmas Eve, it was my favorite time of the year, I didn't know how we were going to do, just yet. I wanted my family over, Leah wanted hers over, but the apartment was not that big for that amount of people, but we figured it. I don't know what we did, but we made space for over 40 people, including kids and all. Our parents, siblings, nieces and nephews were going to assist, that meant, a thousand and one gifts.

After a really long day of moving furniture around and making space, I was so tired. So was Leah. We took a shower and then got into our pjs, it was Saturday and I was feeling the Christmas spirit.

I sighed and got into bed. She was on her laptop as usual.
"Hey you." She said and looked over her sexy reading glasses. "Hi baby." I smiled and she just closed her laptop. "The house looks nice, I loved our Christmas tree. I'm excited to have our family over." She smiled and opened her arms. I moved closer and rested my head on her chest. She was just tracing her finger over my skin. "This is just too good to be true. I'm so grateful." She said and kissed the top of my head, "I love you, Jennifer." She whispered and I smiled. I loved the way she loved me. I loved us.

"And I love you too." I replied and turned around and started kissing her slowly. "Tomorrow we are going shopping. I made a list, it's quite a really long list." I giggled. "Oh no-" she started, "I don't-" "I don't care, you're still going with me. I know you hate it, but I'm not going to go alone. That's just not happening." I shrugged. "Alright!!!! Fine, I'm going not by choice. Now let's go rest. I'm tired." She yawned and I smiled, "thank you." I kissed her. "Goodnight baby." I said. "Goodnight love."

-

"Are we done yet?" Leah asked for the 100th time. "Leah, I swear to god if you ask me that question one more time, I'm-" "you what?" She asked and got closer to me looking down on me biting her lip. "I'm not gonna fuck you tonight." I said and crossed my arms over my chest. "Oh- slow down. Okay, I guess I can keep my mouth shut." She said and rolled her eyes and I giggled. "Oh Leah..." I sighed and she walked closer kissing me slowly but quickly. "Now what is there left to buy? Don't we have everything we need?" She asked and got on her phone. "Hmm, we are missing your mom, my mom, your sister, and oh...oh, my god. I completely forgot about Alessia. Damnit." "didn't you say you'd get Miguel something, wait but are they coming over?" She asked as we were trying to find something for our moms. "I don't know. I would have to ask her. She got Miguel now, so I'm not really sure." "Hmm...I forgot to tell you that we have this tradition at this  hospital of having like a little diner and few drinks on Christmas Day, mostly because there are a lot of nurses and doctors on call that are not able to see their families and whatnot so we do that so they can have their family over and stuff, anyways, I'll go there, I'll be there for a couple of hours and then I'll come home, okay?" "So you're basically telling me that I'm going to have to deal with over forty  people on my own?" I faced her with my eyes wide open. "I- I'm sorry. I should've told you before. Plus I'd love for you to come with me to the hospital. It's just a couple of hours." "Hm I would love to go with you also. Let me think about it it..." I needed a plan...obviously.  "Okay so what about we left everything ready, and then I go with you from like 7 to 9 and then we go home?" I suggested, "we could tell them it's at 9." "It's a really good idea." Leah smiled. "I'd wear the red dress I bought online." I smiled. "That's the one you don't wear panties with?" "Mhmm." I bit my lip. "It looks like Christmas Eve is gonna be very interesting. I'm looking forward to this." She said all excited making me laugh.

-------