26

Jennifer's POV.

It was fucking freezing!

"Hey." I sat down in front of her, she was looking down at her phone and had a cup of coffee in her hand. I just stared at her. She was really, still, pissed. I totally got it, but come on.

I cleared my throat and she looked up slowly. She turned her phone off and sipped from her coffee leaving her lipstick stain all over the cup.

"What do you wanna talk about?" She said dryly. "I'm sorry." I said, she rolled her eyes hard, "I've heard that, many, many times before. So, what? Do I need to forgive you and then we move on?" She said with her sexy husky voice, she was really upset about this. It was a little out of hand, in my opinion.

"You're always wearing your feelings up your sleeve, calm down. I'm apologizing for what I did." I told her. Her facial expression changed drastically. "Are you fucking serious? I'm too sensitive, I say what I feel, and I will not hide how I feel about certain things, you know that! Now I wear my feelings up my sleeve? Are you fucking serious?" She said trying not to raise her voice.

I think, I - I screwed it up. 

"Listen up...not because you're a fucking selfish person-" "Excuse me?" I was shocked. "Shut up. Let me finish... not because you're selfish it means I am also like that. I have feelings, and I won't hide them, if I feel certain way you sure as hell are going to know it! I've tolerated enough already. It's just offensive that you're just playing around and coming and going when it's convenient for you. Fuck off, I'm done." She finished and stood up walking away from the table.

"Fuck!" I mouthed.

I fucking hate that I liked her so badly that I stood up and followed her.

"Please stop." I said trying to walk as fast as possible. It was incredible that she was wearing heels and she was faster than me.

"Leah!!!" I shouted, "Stop!!"

She did. Oh... she did. Great.

I stood up in front of her and made her look at me.

"I am sorry."
"I am mad. Really mad."
"I'm sorry I said that about your feelings. I'm just- I'm not used to it. I'm not very much like that...but I'll try my best, I promise just... let me talk to you." I said and bit my lip.

She was so hard to get and I already screwed it with the whole feelings shit.

She sighed.

"I'm sorry I called you selfish." "It's okay, I know I am." I said and shrugged softly. "Ha! Great." "Oh, my god, stop it!" I said and crossed my arms over my chest.

She walked over a little bench and we sat down and looked at each other for a few seconds.

"Start talking before my beeper goes crazy." She said softly.

I sat down straight, not looking at her and started talking, what else could I do.

"I- I was the most loving, caring, sensitive person ever. Buuuut...There was this period of my life where I was having some family issues, my parents got divorced, but thank the lord now, even though they hate each other, they act like they don't and like if they're actually together just for the sake of their kids. But that's not the point. Anyways." I shook my head and placed my hand over my forehead.

"By then I was in a relationship, with this person I was head over heels for. Well, he just screwed me up. Everything. He played me, and basically destroyed me mentally, destroyed my ability to love and trust someone again. It all got together, and I just decided to never let anyone in. It wasn't safe for me anymore. I couldn't expect anything from anyone, at all. Not even from my family." I sighed and tried not to cry. She put her hand on my thigh and I continued. "Feelings are not my thing anymore, but then...I met you, I really fucking like you, Leah. I'm just scared. I've left because I've just let myself go too far already...believe me, way too far. I don't wanna feel the same way I felt back there. My anxiety has been killing me. It's not easy for me, and I guess being mean is the only way I have to defend myself. I didn't want to take it too far. But the month we spent apart after that night in your house, I realized I'm just way too into you, and I want you... So I'm willing to try it. I just need you with me, in this, I need you to understand and take it easy on me." I finished and wimped a silly tear away.

It's been so long since I let myself be this vulnerable, I don't do that. But one thing was sure, I liked her, so I'd try my best. She was worth it.

_________