52

Jennifer's POV.

"Was Emma your girlfriend?"

I don't know where it came from but- it did.

"What?" She asked. "Did I not make myself clear enough?" I said back and sat up in bed. "I- why would you ask that?" "It's not really a hard question. It's a yes or no question. Leave it. Whatever." I said and stood up to go to the bathroom.

I just wanted to know, what's so bad about it? I mean... if she said yes, which I know was gonna happen, Emma would start to look a little ugly and just not as nice as she actually was. I mean, who wants to have your girlfriend's ex around and saying all the things she said to Leah? It's not me being jealous —it is— it's just, I'm territorial, possessive... whatever, you name it. I do not like that. I was insecure I guess. It was actually the fact that she could have anyone, but she was with me, I was scared she would leave me for just anyone else. As my mom said, no one is indispensable. I knew there was someone better than me, so just the thought of Leah leaving me for someone else, would make me anxious. Just think about it, she could have anyone...and that was not only with her, it happened before, with my last relationship.

I didn't even try to bother about it, but in the back of my head, it was killing me. I just wanted an answer. I looked at myself in the mirror and realized my cheek got rosy. I was so pissed. I just asked a question, and that's it. Plus, she literally told her she missed her too, like okay, good.

I opened the door and Leah was leaning on the doorframe with her arms crossed over her chest. I bumped into her and then back off.

"Come here." She said and put her hand out. I rolled my eyes and walked by her.

"Jennifer." She called my name with this strong tone of voice. I fucking loved that, it was so- uh I don't know how to even put it into words, I just, it turned me on. "Come here, I wanna talk to you." She said and I turned around. "I just asked one fucking question. That's-" "Yes." She said stopping me and I rolled my eyes. "See? That's why I didn't want to answer that. You're just going to get mad and God I don't need this right now. I just want to have a normal conversation about it. I will answer all your question. Just please, don't do this, not now. Please." She said. "I understand this is not the right time, but I cannot help it but feel awful about it, Leah you literally told her you miss her." "I- I'm sorry. But it goes beyond me once being her girlfriend, she came all the way from L.A. because I asked her to start some research here, because I don't have time, and she's an specialist on the subject. So she agreed." "Because she likes you, obviously." "Jennifer, stop. Let me finish." "Go." I sighed. "So she came here, and she assisted my mother. My mom knows her and we know she's good so we trusted her on this. I missed working with her, that's all, she a good doctor." She finished.

See, this was a good ass explanation but, I just- It didn't make me feel any better.

"Okay." I said. "Please. Stop with the attitude. I'm yours, baby. It's even on my skin, forever. It's not her anymore, it's all about work." She smiled. "She doesn't think it that way." "I don't care, and you shouldn't care about what she thinks. All I know is, it's you right now, and I know you need assurance, I try my best to give it, all the time. I just need you to know it's you, and it'll always be you." She said and rubbed my hand. "I'm sorry, I just- I'm sorry. I love you." I hugged her and then we kissed, "it's okay, I'd be jealous too, I mean I'm a big deal." She joked. "Stupid." I rolled my eyes and kissed her again. "But you are, ugh, I love you." I said and kissed her again, it went on and on and I was straddling her. It was not sex, and I didn't want it to be.  I was perfectly fine just kissing her lips and feeling her touch. She was so addictive. Her lips were the most amazing thing ever, I loved to kiss her. That's what we did. We made out for a couple of minutes. It was heaven. She kissed my neck, the top of my breasts, "I- I love you." She whispered so close to my lips that they touched. "I love you too, way more than you'd ever imagine. I'm sorry I can be a total pain in the ass sometimes." I said and giggled. "You're my favorite pain the ass." She said smiling and continue kissing me. We eventually stopped and were just laying down. She was curled up to my chest and I was tracing my fingertips on her bare back, she needed to sleep and that seemed to help her calm down. She fell asleep and I did too.

A few hours after we woke up and went to see Leah's mom. She was paged because she was already awake. Leah was happy but not totally, she had a lot to deal with.

When we got to where her mom was, she squeezed my hand tighter. "You're okay. Breathe, everything is going to be okay." I kissed her lips softly and she nodded.

----