33

Jennifer's POV.

Sunday never happened. Alexa never texted...or I never texted her? I guess I was supposed to , can't remember and don't really care. Anyways...

Basically, I've survived this week. After that situation with Leah I've been pretty upset, the kind of upset that won't let me be in any other mood.

Upset. That's it.

I've been getting calls and texts from her every single day. The passed week was exhausting. I've been trying to get myself busy with work so I don't pay attention to my phone or anything Leah related. But it seemed to be impossible.

"Good morning!" I heard behind me and I knew who it was. I took a deep breath and turned around trying to act like I was okay.
"Hi Alexa. Good morning to you too." I said and then walked towards my office.
"You okay? I've been trying to figure out what's it with you. Your attitude has changed. Everything okay? You wanna talk?" She can be a little noisy sometimes, but she's extra nice and I just... "I guess I am." I replied and turned my MacBook on.

"Do you...hm, wanna talk?" "I'm just a little stressed and I don't feel like this is the right place." I said and looked at her trying to smile. "Come with me, then." She said and stood up. "What? Now?" "Yeah, just come with me." She insisted. "Oh- okay." I stood up and straightened my skirt walking behind her.

"Um, where are we going?"
"Somewhere quite." She said.

What the...

"Okay." I shrugged. We got in the elevator and the pressed the last floor. "Are we allowed there?" I asked. She laughed, "Believe me, we are." She replied. We got out the elevator and then got to some door, then some stairs. Then there was it.

"So here's where we save the light." She smiled. When she opened the door I was blinded. "Well shit..." I laughed. We walked over some table and the view was mesmerizing. The sky was blue and there were some clouds. It wasn't too hot, but it wasn't too cold. It was perfect.

"I'm not forcing you to tell me what is going on with you, you just sit here. Close your eyes, take a deep breath. Know that whatever it is, will be okay. Relax." She said with the calmest voice.

"I thought I was playing around with this person, I acted like it...But deep inside it was just me scared I'd be too serious and that person would just go away, lose interest. Turns out the other day I asked and i was waiting something like 'hey yeah I like you and we are dating' and so on and so on, but..." my voice cracked. "Damn it!" I looked away. "I don't even know why I get this emotional, it's not even that serious. This is stupid." I said laughing and trying to wipe the silly tears away.

She moved closer to me, "Jennifer...it's okay. It's not stupid, if it affects you, it's not stupid. I completely get it. This whole situation is complicated..." she laughed nervously. "I didn't know you were in a relationship." She said. "Well I'm not." I said. "Have you talked to that person?" She asked. "I've received calls and texts but I haven't replied. I don't feel like it." "Well, maybe if you talk to that person, that may be better. Yet again, I'm no one to give you advice. But try..." "I don't know if i wanna try it. But...yet again I do. So that may be it, I guess I'll just act like a grown up and call her back." I said and then I realized. Oh well, sooner or later you'd know that.

"Her...?"
"I- yeah, I was with a girl."
"Oh, so I was right." She smiled. I looked at her, "what do you mean?" "There was something inside of me...I just knew it. I- I like girls too and I've been extremely obsessed with you, I think I like you." "What?" I was shocked, I guess I shout out loud. "Oh god, I...I can't believe I said that...I'm sorry I- hm." She stood up and walked away. My eyes following her.

I was confused as in why I was going through that. I was confused as in what was happening.

I was confused.

I guess my hot coworker just confessed she was obsessed with me and she likedme, right after she knew I liked girls, and in the middle of an almost breakdown, because I lowkey missed Leah.

What the fuck.

It was 9:30am in the morning. It was Monday.
Too much to take in, too early for me.

"I guess I'll go now." I stood up.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. God...I'm sorry." She rubbed her forehead.

"It's okay, I appreciate you telling me that, but I guess I'm just too into something else right now I'm not going to give you the answer you want." "I completely understand and I'm not expecting you to. I hope things are not awkward between us after this." She said biting her lip. I laughed. "You just told me you like me and I just- I think I like you too but, a few seconds ago I was just crying over someone else I definitely like also I'm- im sorry, Alexa, things are definitely going to get a little awkward between us."

I just said I like her too.

What was this?

What kind of mess was this????

______________