15

Jennifer's POV.

"Here's a graduation gift." My dad handed me a little box. "I'm so proud of you." My mom said as she was smiling at me waiting for me to open it. When I open it, there were some keys, and a little letter. The keys got a keychain with the letter "J" and a little heart. "What are these for?" I asked kind of confused. Those were not car keys, I had one already so It didn't make much sense. "Read the letter." Vanessa said.

"Dear Jen, we love you and are way too proud of you, here are the keys to your new place, this is a new chapter in your life and we are happy to do something important in it! We love you, forever, never forget that."

"Oh, my god!" I was shocked. My sister laughed, "congrats little one." "I hope you like it. There's the address." "But- I already have one. I- mean...thank you! This is crazy." I laughed nervously. "We can figure what to do with it later." My das said. I hugged them both and then Vanessa. "Thank you guys. I love you..."

I don't know why I was so surprised, when Vanessa graduated as an engineer, I don't know how many years ago, they gave her an apartment, she ended up selling it and moving in with her current husband, father of her two boys, her life is pretty much figured out. So this apartment thing wasn't really something special, I mean yes, but, you know what I mean?

-

We drove home to get ready for the after party, that was the actual party.

"I gotta tell you something." Ally looked at me funny, "what is it?" She asked. "I- My parents gave me an apartment." I wasn't sure how she would react. "Really? Jen! That's freaking awesome.., even more awesome the fact that mine gave me one also!" She laughed, "their New York one." My heart dropped. "New York? So- you're moving?" I was about to cry. My mood went from 100 to 0. "No, silly, you're not getting rid of me that easy. I'm selling it so I can buy something here, meanwhile I'm going to stay here." She shrugged. "Ohhhh my gosh! I thought you- oh lord." I hugged her tight. She laughed. "Nah, I'm not leaving you." She winked. "I'm proud of you, kid!" I smiled softly. "Same here." She said and hugged me once again.

We then started to get ready, and by that I mean we chilled on the sofa for two hours and then fixed our makeup. We we're going with the same dresses and all that.

"You know...he texted me." She said not really giving much attention to the subject. I just looked at her and she looked back. "I- I didn't reply or anything." She assured and I nodded. "Our uber is waiting for us." I said and we walked out. "I don't like parties, but this is kind of a special one." I told her trying to talk about something else. "I know. I'm glad you decided to come."

When we got there, it was a really nice house. With a stunning view. On the top of the mountain, basically.
"This is Alex's parents house?" I couldn't believe it. "I believe so. He's rich, there's no other way to describe him." She shrugged. "I mean...woah. This is freaking beautiful." I was speechless. "Oh hello there, you two look stunning!!!" He said. "You don't look too bad yourself." I smirked at him. "Thank you, babe. Okay, so, welcome to the last step of college: getting wasted after graduation. Come on in, let's have some fun. Drinks over there, dance over there, you can smoke over there, bathrooms upstairs and ..." Alex moved closer to us, "there are also some available rooms upstairs. You know..." he winked. It took me a second. "Oh, my god!" I laughed a little, "nasty!" "Just in case, you never know and I'm an awesome planner, I know what's up, so I gotta have the place ready for everything." He smiled. "Food over there... a lot of it. Okay ladies... enjoy, if you need anything let me know, and oh, congratulations!" He said and hugged us. "Same to you, baby!" I said.

"He's gay, he has to be. We know him for like what? 5 years? And we haven't figured that out." Ally said. "That's not true, you know he is. He once told us." "Did he?" Ally always clueless, "Yes." I laughed, "oh whatever." She shrugged. "I'll go get myself a drink, want anything?" "Yes of course, let's go."

It's been like...4 hours and I'm impressed I've taken this for so long. I wasn't wasted just yet, not even tipsy, I was happy. We danced, drank and all that. Ally found herself someone and she got busy real quick. So by that moment I was just sitting near the pool, just staring at the view. It was beautiful, and the only place where the music wasn't loud as fuck. It was almost 2am, but I wasn't tired. It didn't feel like it was two in the morning.

"You look really beautiful tonight." My thoughts were interrupted. I knew that voice. I looked up and there she was. Looking fine as hell.

______________