Chapter 73

February 1

Louis' POV

It's Harry's birthday. Maybe one or more of us 1D boys should be at his party. But then again, maybe not. I'm guessing it probably wouldn't help Harry's new image. But it doesn't matter, because Niall is in London, and Liam, well, Liam is with me and we're about to do my first maintenance slip.

The past couple days have been pretty normal. I returned to LA from the New York promo run, had a few days off, one of which I spent with Freddie. Today I had meetings during the day, but this evening Liam came to my place, and now it's time to be little. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm not feeling stressed or vulnerable or anything, but I'm going to revert to my coping mechanism. I guess that's kind of the point, isn't it? To change this from an in the moment coping mechanism to a prevention method.

"Right, Lou, how do you want to do this?" Liam asks from his relaxed position on the couch across from me. "What would be easiest for you?"

I shrug. "I don't know, Liam. I haven't really thought about it too much." It's going to feel awkward. I don't know how to put myself into headspace like this, just totally forcing it. "What do you think?"

Liam sighs, stretching his arms out. "Well, maybe we should start by putting you in a nappy and some pajamas. Then we can cuddle, or you can have a bottle, or you can just try and think yourself into headspace. Whatever you think will work."

I consider it for a moment before reluctantly nodding. "Yeah, I guess we can do that." I'm not much looking forward to having a nappy put on me while I'm big, but I guess it might help me slip.

"Do you want me to do it, or are you going to do it yourself?"

Oh. I hadn't thought about that. I could do it myself. But...could I? I don't know if I know how to put it on myself. Also...I kind of want Liam to do it. It'll be a good marker, a good start. It'll be pretty embarrassing, but it's not the worst. He's definitely dealt with one of my shitty nappies at least once, putting a clean one on me isn't that big a deal.

"Uh...maybe you could do it? I think it would help me slip faster," I say awkwardly, not knowing how to admit how much I want it to be this way.

"Of course, Lou. I'll do whatever you need me to. Well, within reason. Let's go get you dressed then." Liam stands up and wraps an arm around my shoulder as he guides me to my room. Not that I need guiding, I know where my own room is in my own house. But it just makes me feel a little bit dependent, and I think Liam gets that.

In my room, he helps me lay on a towel on the floor as he gathers the materials needed to put me in a nappy. He also offers me Mr. Snuggles and a dummy. I don't think I'm ready for a dummy yet. That would just feel weird at this point. But I take Mr. Snuggles, tucking him next to my body in a loose hold.

Liam pulls my bottoms off and gently puts the nappy on me, talking to me the whole time to make it less awkward. After he slides my pajama bottoms on, I sit up and scoot back so I'm leaning against the wall.

"So...now what?" I ask, not really sure of the best way to proceed. Liam puts away the nappy supplies and throws my old clothes in the laundry hamper.

"Well, do you want to just start doing something, like I could make you a bottle, and see if you slip in the process, or try and slip first, then we can go based on how you're feeling in headspace?" Liam grabs my hand to pull me off the floor and into a hug.

"I think..." I trail off, not entirely sure. "Maybe try to slip first. I've got the nappy. Anything more will honestly just make me feel uncomfortable. Yeah, I think that's best."