Chapter 72

Before you read this, if you didn't get notified about the second half of Chapter 71 being posted, go back and read it!

Harry's POV

Louis cuddles into my side, clearly slightly overwhelmed by the conversation we just had, but I think it's a really good thing that it happened. I find it very helpful to know how he's feeling about everything. For example, I knew he was attached to Mr. Snuggles, but I didn't expect a mention of the bear to be something near his breaking point. I'm glad it was though. I'm not sure what it is, but his connection to the toy must be based on something deeper.

I don't want to disrupt whatever is going inside his head, but as much as I wish we could, we can't sit here all day. "Louis?" I say softly, tapping my hand gently on his shoulder.

"Yeah, Harry?" Louis responds, sitting up straight and looking at me curiously. He looks a little dazed, like he's still processing what's happened. I guess today has been a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for him. And, I'm just realizing, he's still dressed in pajamas and a nappy. He was so upset when he woke up that we just went straight into conversation. I don't think he's noticed though, as he hasn't said anything.

"When do you have to leave today? I know you said you have an interview at some point."

Louis frowns, thinking for a moment before responding. "I think Steve was supposed to pick me up at noon. I guess...he knows where your place is now. I'll just get him to pick me up from here?"

"That's alright with me. Do you have clothes for today? We just got your one bag from your room in the hotel, so if there's anything you're missing, you might need to go get it from there before you do your promo stuff."

"I'm sure I can make it work. I have...or, I guess I don't have what I was wearing yesterday, do I? Besides, I can't really go out in that again..."

"I washed it for you, so you could wear it if you had to. I think there's at least a tshirt and a jumper in your bag. I'm not sure about bottoms, but you can wear the ones from yesterday if there's nothing else. I don't think anyone would notice."

Louis nods, then looks down at himself. "Oh. I should change, shouldn't I? I'm still wearing a nappy..."

"Yeah, go grab a shower. Your bag is in there. I put your clean clothes in it last night already, so you should have everything you need. Towels are on the shelf, feel free to use whatever's in there."

"Thanks, Haz," Louis responds, giving me a quick hug before going to take the shower. I take the time to get myself dressed and start up a bit of breakfast for the two of us. It's getting pretty far into the morning, and I'm getting hungry.

When Louis returns, looking fresh and much more awake, I have two plates of scrambled eggs and toast on the table, as well as two steaming mugs of coffee.

"Wow, Harry, you didn't have to cook," Louis says, raising an eyebrow as he sits down across from me.

I smile at his expression. "I wanted to, Louis. Besides, you need a good breakfast in you. You didn't really eat as much as you should have yesterday."

We eat in relative silence, and it's while we are washing up the dishes that Louis turns to me, an awkward expression on his face.

"Harry?" he says hesitantly.

"Yeah, Lou? What's wrong?" I ask, immediately worried. I know he's not little right now, but he still seems so vulnerable, and I just want to know he's okay.

"Uh, I...um..." he trails off, looking down at his hands as he fidgets uncomfortably with the dish towel.

"What is it? You can tell me, mate."