Chapter 35

No POV

When Louis wakes up in the morning, feeling much better than the day before, he is still in a bit of a headspace. He's aware of what's going on, he knows he's in headspace, and he knows he could get out if he wanted to. But for now, maybe it would be good to let the lads have control. He trusts them, he knows they will only do what's best for him. Okay, maybe he's just feeling too lazy to move. If he stays like this, he won't have to walk or decide what to eat and will get endless cuddles. For today, he will let them baby him, as long as they don't try to go too overboard. Although, even that definition is blurred now.

Deciding not to care, he rolls over, only to gasp at the sharp pain in his right wrist. What happened? Why does it hurt? Right...he fell. How to fix it? Easy...

"Papa!" he calls, nudging the sleeping man with his good arm until he groans and rolls over.

"What, boo? It's early." Harry is cautious in his phrasing, not sure if Louis is still in headspace or not.

Louis' response clarifies that question quickly. "Wrist hurts, Papa. Fix it, please"

Harry sits up, rubbing at his eyes to get the sleep out of them, before flicking on the bedside lamp to examine the wrist his baby is complaining about. He finds that it is much more swollen than the night before, and appears somewhat purple and bruised.

"Oh, love. That hurts, huh? Tell you what, let's get you ready, then see if Daddy can help you with that. Papa's not quite sure how to deal with it. Are you wet, Boobear?"

Surprisingly, Louis nods. Usually he makes a fuss about needing to be changed, and he only seems to wet at night if he has a nightmare, but this time he slept straight through the night and woke up wet and mellow. Harry doesn't say anything, just picks him up, careful of his injured limb, and brings him to the bathroom.

"Cold, Papa," Louis complains when Harry lays him on the counter.

"Sorry, boo. I'll be fast." He changes the smaller lad quickly, putting some track bottoms on over his nappy along with a clean jumper.

" He changes the smaller lad quickly, putting some track bottoms on over his nappy along with a clean jumper

Once Louis is set, the two make their way to the kitchen, where Liam is making himself coffee

Once Louis is set, the two make their way to the kitchen, where Liam is making himself coffee. Hearing footsteps, he glances behind him to see who it is before turning back to the task at hand.

"Good morning. How are you two this morning?"

"Pretty good, but Louis' wrist is sore, and we were wondering if you could help him out." Harry responds, and at that, Liam turns around properly and notices the calm look on Louis' face, rested on his Papa's shoulder, registering that the boy is still in his headspace.

"Oh no...can I look at it, sweetie?" He risks using the nickname, knowing that if Louis is feeling big at all, he will react, but he just reaches his right arm toward Liam.

"Make it better, Daddy." His voice is pleading, sounding almost exactly like a toddler, and Liam and Harry, as well as Niall who has just stumbled into the kitchen, can't help but smile a little, feeling successful.

Sorry, it's short. It's basically a filler. I wanted to update, but I didn't have much inspiration.

I'm having a bit of a bad time mentally/emotionally at the moment. Most of the time writing this is my best distraction, but today I can't concentrate enough to write anything good.

Anyhow, what do you want to see happen next? (Dummies will actually be introduced next chapter...)

Louis was still in headspace in the morning! Opportunity for cuteness next chapter...