Chapter 45

"I don't know what to do...I've tried everything I could think of..."

Harry's POV

Both Liam and Niall approach the bed and sit on either side of me and Louis. Liam reaches out a hand to stroke Louis' back where he's snuggled into my chest.

"Aw, sweetie, what's going on? Hey, why aren't you sleeping?"

"Daddy?" he responds with a shallow sob. "M'sleepy. Wanna slee-ee-eep." (A/N reread this bit and thought it said sheep...LOL what is going on in my head...)

"I know, honey, I know. We'll get you there, don't worry sweetheart." Liam soothed, as Niall and I looked at him incredulously. How on earth did he intend to do that? I have literally done everything I can possibly think of. Does Liam know something I don't? Because I am totally out of options, and incredibly exhausted.

"Li..." Niall whispers. "How...?" But Liam doesn't respond, just looks at Niall and goes back to tracing circles into Louis' back.

"I wanna sleep!" Louis wails, clawing at my t-shirt. "Daddy, Dada, Papa, please!" He sits up straight on my lap, sobbing loudly, barely stopping for breath between cries.

"Lou, Louis, love, please calm down. Shh, Papa's got you. No more tears, Boobear. Shh." I try to hold him, to rock him, but he resists, his back arching in my grip as his face turns red from lack of oxygen. "Ni, Li!" I look at the others desperately. What do I do? I'm starting to panic, I don't know how to deal with this, but I can't show it because Louis is upset enough as it is.

"Haz..." Liam says, his tone warning me of something. Louis' sobs start to sound more like gasps as his brain realizes it needs oxygen, and some of them almost sound...oh shit. That's what Liam was warning me about. When he cries too hard, he sometimes throws up.

"Louis, boo, I have to pick you up. Relax, please, darling. It's alright, I'm here." I lift his small body as I stand up, and start walking toward the loo as his limbs start thrashing. His face is approaching purple, and his eyes are panicked. "Shh, love, shh. You're okay, everything's alright. Shh."

As I step through the door to the en-suite, Liam and Niall hot on my tail, one of the gasps turns into a harsh gag, and I bolt forward to position Louis over the toilet just in time to catch the stream of sick. He continues, vomiting rather violently a few more times before he stops, leaning against my chest breathing hard.

"Oh, Loubear, shh. You're alright, it's okay. Just breathe for Papa. In and out, boo. Shh." I cradle his trembling body to myself, trying to calm him enough for the heaving breaths to cease.

"Louis, sweetheart," Liam coos, sitting on the edge of the bathtub and once again stroking Louis' back. "Shh, honey. We're all here."

Niall reaches over me to flush the toilet before grabbing a baby wipe to clean up Louis' face a bit.

After several minutes, Louis has calmed down, and is once again incredibly tired, but still not asleep. We try sitting, rocking, standing, pacing. He gets passed from one of us to another as the others stand by and watch, hum, read a story, do SOMETHING. We do another nappy change, another bottle, but still no luck.

Just after 4:30, I decide to try something different. I take Louis and sit him on the bed next to me. Looking him in the eyes, I say "Louis. Can you be big for me? Please?" I'm hoping that if we can get him out of his headspace, he can tell us what's wrong, or what we can do, or something.

Louis' POV

Big? Papa, why?

I wanna sleep.