Chapter 60

Liam's POV

I'm not really sure how to feel about Louis slipping yesterday. Obviously, that fact that he needed to slip and that it seemed to be so out of his control is a bad thing, but maybe it's good, because I don't think he was going to admit to us that he might actually need it. This way he had no choice. He's still insisting he's fine, but I know he isn't. And there's no way this was a one-time thing.

I call up the other boys for a quick three-way Skype call. I'm ready to fall asleep; I'm exhausted and it's quite late here, but Niall is in LA, so he's just got done with the studio for the day, and I have no idea where Harry is, but wherever he is, he's awake, so it's the best time to do this. This way I can get back to Louis as quickly as possible.

I've already informed them that he slipped, just after Zayn called me, so I could find out if either of them was near LA if Zayn needed one of us to help. This conversation is just to figure out what happens next.

"Make him do it. It's obvious he needs it." Is the first thing Harry says when I present the problem, but Niall is quick to respond.

"It's not that easy. He's got all kinds of promo stuff in the next couple weeks. Besides, who's going to do it? We're all busy."

I speak up. "We can't just let it go, Ni. If nothing else, we need to set something up so if anything happens again, he will feel comfortable telling one of us. Zayn did a great job with him, it sounds like, but we can't have him running to Zayn every time. He didn't sign up for this. We did. He's our responsibility."

"Liam's right. We have to do something. But Li, Nialler has a point too. I'm not able to be around to help at the moment, at least not where you need me. I have to be in New York for a while."

"But that's perfect! Niall's in LA now, I'm on my way there in a few days. That's where Louis is at the moment, and then this weekend he's going to New York for a while."

"Lads, lads!" Niall interrupts me. "I don't think we should just dump this on him. Let's just keep an eye on him for a bit. If it makes you happier, Li, we can even insist that he stays with me or I stay with him for the next few days. But no ageplay, not yet. If something else happens,-"

"When something else happens," Harry interjects. "It's not an if."

Niall smiles before continuing: "Okay then, WHEN something else happens, I don't think it'll take much for him to admit he needs it. Then we can make it happen, right away."

"There's something else though..." I add, remembering an important part of the story Louis and Zayn told me.

"What?" Both Harry and Niall ask.

"What happens if something goes wrong at an interview? This time happened because of a question about his mum, and he managed to hold off the slip until afterwards, but Zayn told me he was hardly coherent on the phone. What if he can't hold it off until an interview is over, or he can't think straight enough to make a phone call?" It's something that's been worrying me and I don't know how to solve it.

"My first thought would be to have one of us at all of his interviews, but that's obviously not possible. If we got seen, the fans..." Harry says, trailing off as he thinks.

"What about Steve Aoki?" Niall suggests.

"What about him?" I don't get where he's going.

"I'm sure he'd be willing to help. He cares a lot about Louis. We don't have to tell him everything, just... I don't know...that Louis gets really stressed out sometimes, and if he notices him acting weird or if he says he needs help, Steve should call one of us."