1

16 year old Aera was sitting in the car with a large Kakao Ryan plushy as a present for her brother Namjoon. She had a bouquet of flowers on the other hand, which her dad had picked out. It was her brothers National Math competition. She sacrificed her piggy bank to buy him a plush doll generally made for kids not an 18-year-old boy, no actually an adult. They also had an argument last night. She repeatedly insisted of him helping her with her English project that was due. It's not that she was lazy, but she didn't feel like it... and so he yelled at her and slammed the door in her face. She got him a plush to embarrass him in front of his friends since he had a big collection in his closet which he hid. But she knew if he saw this limited edition plushy he'd definitely forgive her deep inside but also be extremely annoyed, but that was okay.

He was placed in the finals, she was proud of him and so were their parents.

'Such a smart butt, I'll probably be compared to him a lot more than usual' she pouted from the thought.

She played with the chain necklace of the stuffed toy, it was a bear dressed in a Hip Hop like fashion; had a necklace, shades and a backwards hat placed on top of its head. Namjoon had a hobby of rapping and making music aside from being a total geek.

'I hope he doesn't break this' She hugged the plush to secure it her lap.

"Appa how was work?" She looked over at her dad, his face looked exhausted and his eyes were hollow with deep dark circles. She was worried, he was always working overtime and her mother couldn't go to Namjoon's competition because of work. Work, work, work, that's all they did.

"It was- good honey" he said tiredly, his eyes seemed like they were closing as he was behind the steering wheel.

"Appa! Are you tired? Do you want me to drive?" Aera figured to ask, 'driving didn't seem to hard anyways' she shrugged.

He laughed, "You don't have your license yet and if you did we'd get in a car accident . Don't worry honey I'm fine, just didn't have good sleep for the past week. We have to see your brother, it's a big day for him!"  He assured her with a smile.

"We should've gotten a taxi....." she stated looking down.

Aera glanced out through the window, observing the blossomed trees of spring. It was beautiful how the cherry blossoms filled the tree completely, alive and happy for people to visit. During winter they were dead like and lonely. She gazed at the cherry blossoms, missing someone special to her. The boy promised to take her tomorrow again and she was excited. She liked him. No. She loved him. She gazed longer and it seemed that the car was moving more farther and farther from the trees, she looked over at her father, his head was on the steering wheel. He had fallen asleep.

She quickly grabbed the steering wheel "APPA!" There was a truck approaching from the opposite direction. She tried to move the wheel to the right but she couldn't she had too many things in her lap, she couldn't reach.

He jolted awake from her scream, completely startled he tried moving the steering wheel back on the road, it was too late.

Everything had happened in a split moment, so suddenly.

Aera opened her eyes, her vision was blurry, her father was leaning against the wheel unconscious she thought. The car had been flipped over. His head was covered in blood, the flowers he had picked out for Namjoon were showered over him. The petals stuck to his skin as the blood acted as an adhesive.

She wanted to reach out to him but she couldn't, she couldn't move. She only felt the soft skin of the plushy against her.

"Wa-wa wa-wake –wake up up up!"

"Ugh" Aera groaned, she reached out to shut the alarm off and before she did she swept her fingers along her clock reading the time. 'It's 9:45'

She sat up sluggishly and placed her face in her palms. She had that painful memory haunt her in her dreams again. She slowly breathed in and out. She calmed herself and faced up to the ceiling of her bedroom.

"Appa, I miss you."

She got out of bed swiftly and made her bed with no error. She counted her steps to the bathroom '1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11' This was easy for her. She knew her house like the back of her hand. She mentally counted her way to the sink and washed up nicely. She made her way to the closet picking the cloth on her furthest left knowing that's where all her clothes she hadn't worn yet. She felt the material of a silky fabric with a collar, satisfied she picked a pair of pants she recognized of the material and what color it had been when she went shopping with her best friend. She went downstairs counting the steps there were a total of 14 steps on her way down to the kitchen.

"You're awake darling, breakfast is ready." Her mother smiled to see Aera ready and looking delicate as always.

"Mom I could've made breakfast" Aera insisted. She sat in a chair feeling the warmth of the waffles on her face. She ate up diligently and just in time the door bell had rung.

"It must be Bomi!" Aera got up and placed the plate efficiently in the sink and kissed her mom as she felt her presence.

"Bye Eomma!" she yelled out as she scurried to the door.

"Don't forget your cane and be careful when you're walking!" Her mother shouted as she left.

If anyone would've watched Aera they wouldn't believe that she was blind, she knew her sense of direction.

"Aera! Ready for class?" Bomi linked arms with her.

"I guess" Aera smiled. She took out her cane and made her way to Bomi's car.

It was a Monday, another bland week to come.

A/N: Hello! I hope you are liking the first chapter? Maybe a little boring rn but stick with me! Sort of an introduction to the story. I hope your day is going great!