15: The Day I Found Conflict

Start from the beginning

"I am not the man you think I am." I replied. I was hurt that she would think that I would want to ruin what Biya had always dreamt about. In fact, I was cheering on her. I wanted to meet her to give motivation but as I thought about what Percyla said, she was right. I don't know what will come between the two of us if we meet. What if we're going to talk about the past again, she would start crying and she won't be able to take her exam? I didn't want to risk that.

"And you are not the man I thought you were." Her voice was ice cold.

"Percyla..." I heard my best friend's voice on the other line. Gio might have sensed that her words were hurtful and they were. I heard her sigh.

"Hurting my sister hurt me so if you do what you have done again, you will deal with the both of us." Sometimes, Percyla's sweetness can turn into something more dangerous. I swear of it. Maybe that's why Gio married her. He's like her. He can be sweet and caring to his loved ones but he won't hesitate to flip off those who try to poke his bad side. I wanted that too. Biya and I were opposites but also have similarities. It made everything about us unique and she's a unique woman. She's the one that got away who had my ring. But she gave the ring back after we broke up. Pain attacked me again on the chest and my heart became so heavy.

"Okay. I understand."

"Good!"

"Anything else?"

"Oh yes. Don't be a stalker, Emil." I heard Gio chuckle. What did I just hear?

"Uhm... how can you say that?"

"Haven't you heard? You're all over the news!" Damn it! I quickly took the remote on the bedside table and switched the TV on.

"For what?"

"Just watch it. I think it's sweet though but creepy at the same time. I know what you are trying to do, Emil. You can't win with what you did." At least, I got one point last night with Biya.

"Okay."
"Okay. Gio wants to talk to you." I heard the phone being handed over while I flipped through the channels finding what Percyla was talking about. I landed on the national channel and waited for any news about me.

"Hello man."

"Please don't give your phone to Percyla again." I heard him laugh.

"I'll give it to her when she wants my phone, Emil." Argh! My best friend became so transparent now because of her.

"Got nothing to hide?"

"Of course. I'm faithful to my wife, Emil." That kind of hit me.

"Ha! And you're talking to a playboy! Ironic, isn't it?"

"Don't hide it up, Emil. I heard what you said to Percyla earlier. Everyone's talking about you and your actions." I sighed.

"There's no day that they don't talk about me." I heard a gush of wind rush through the receiver making a fast whooshing sound.

"Then be careful! You can't just barge in again to your ex-" I winced at his selection of word.

"And kneel before her apologizing. You can't expect that if you ask forgiveness, she'll give you that."

"I know that and please don't get mad at me. Your wife had already taken my ears off earlier." I heard him chuckle.

"You're lucky she didn't go there and tear your body in half herself."

"But seriously Emil, you have to slow it down. I heard Biya talking to Percyla last night." I jumped from my bed and got off.

"What did she tell her?"