Traveling Boyfriend (Q x Reader)

Q sat silently at the table, listening to you talk to Bryan and Walt. He was happy that Bryan and Walt were visiting Staten Island for a little while, so all four you could bond like old times. "So, how' the boyfriend? Where is he?" This question immediately ruined Q's experience. Walt side eyed Q, knowing what he was doing.

"Oh he's in California on business." You said.

"Mhmm." Bryan hummed. You boyfriend was always traveling for business and you know the others were iffy about it.

"When was the last time he was even back here?" Walt asked. The fact that you had to think for a moment was sad. "Why don't you date someone in the area and who will actually be here in Staten Island then more than a day?" Walt asked before you could answer.

"I don't know Walt. The relationship is going well-"

"Long distance are the worst! What's wrong with you (Y/N)? Don't you want someone who's here to go out with and shit like that?" He asked. He began to address the rest of the table. "You might as well be single if you don't want to date anyone here!" You instantly felt mildly uncomfortable and clearly everyone else was, for the conversation was followed with complete and utter silence. Q frowned. The person you could be dating what right across from you. He hated the absent boyfriend with all of his heart.

"I have to use the bathroom." You said. You slide out of the booth and went towards the bathroom.

"Walt what the fuck was that?" Q asked as soon as you disappeared. Walt shrugged.

"Listen bud you might think I was doing that for you, which I kinda am, but she also needs a boyfriend here! Besides for all we know that asshole could be banging some California whore!" He explained. Bryan and Q looked at one another, and Bryan shrugged.

"Walt is right. (Y/N) basically doesn't have a boyfriend and that's not okay. She's hanging onto some absent lover for some reason and it looks like we're gonna have to knock some sense into her. I mean don't get me wrong, based on the stuff Walt said she seemed to agree with everything he said about his absence. Just didn't say it out loud, just in her mind." He said. Q shook his head.

"Well I don't know what to do it without confessing how I feel so you and Walt got this. I'll just be emotional support." He said. Walt and Bryan looked at each other and nodded.

"We can handle it Q." Walt said. Q took a deep breath and assured himself that Walt and Bryan could handle this.

"I think our best bet is for you to go home so me and Walt can take her somewhere and talk to her." Bryan said. Q may be having a good time but he agreed with Bryan about leaving. So the moment you came back he smiled warmly at you.

"I'm gonna have to get going (Y/N)." He said. You frowned as he grabbed his coat besides him.

"What!? Quinn, it's only..." You checked the clock on the wall. "10:36 pm!!" He chuckled.

"I know but I have Impractical Jokers stuff to do tomorrow so I gotta get to bed." He said. You scoffed and thought about younger Q. A man who insisted on staying out until the 2 am because 'the night was still young' which was a fancy way of saying 'all the bars are still open.' But hey, you all weren't as young as you once were.

"Alright we'll see ya around Q." Walt said. With that Q left the bar and went into the cold Staten Island night. As he approached his car, his mind filled with worries about what will happen after this night.

******
Q rubbed his tired eyes as he woke up from his couple hours of sleep. He had been up all night, questioning everything that he as going on between you, Walt and Bryan. He was waiting for something! A text, a phone cal, or something. Anything to be honest. He lifted himself off of his comfortable bed and shuffled his feet to the bathroom. He figured a shower would wake him up. Half way through, he heard his text tone go off. It caused him to stop what he was and listen for anything text.