Cat Sitting (Sal x Reader)

You threw your things into your big black suitcase. You were going out of town for a bit to see some family members. You heard a small bell jingle. You look up and saw your one cat Patches licking paw and rubbing her head, beside your suitcase. You smiled. Her ear pulled back when you scratched her head, disrupting her tongue bath. "I'm trying to find a sitter for you. Everyone is busy." You told her. She shut her eyes and continued on. You sighed and zipped the suitcase shut. You walked into the living room, to see your other cat, Mittens, laying with your phone. The sudden vibration made her bit at the side of the phone.

"Hey!" You yelled, laughing a bit. Her eyes widened and she dashed away. You grabbed your phone and looked at the screen. Sal Vulcano, your 5 month boyfriend, had texted you. You smiled. He would help you for sure.

"Hello?" Sal said when he answered the phone.

"Hey Sal! I need a favor." You said.

"Anything. What is it?" He asked. You smiled to yourself.

"I'm in desperate need for a house sitter! Everyone is busy. Are you busy?" You asked. Sal hummed, thinking to himself.

"I'm free." He said. You smiled.

"Awesome! Thank you so much." You said. He laughed.

"No problem." He said.

"Ok so I'm leaving tomorrow morning, 6 am. I'll leave you a key to my apartment under my doormat and a list of things I need done on my fridge." You said. Sal nodded to everything.

"Sounds good (Y/N). I got this." He said. You smiled.

"Thanks Sal. You're so sweet." You said.

"No problem. Have fun on your trip." He said.

"Thanks. Bye I'll talk to you soon." You said.

"Goodbye (Y/N)."

*****
"We better not be late to set..." Joe mumbled. Sal rolled his eyes at Joe. They were both walking down the hall of your apartment building.

"It'll be quick I have to help (Y/N)." Sal said. He stopped at your door and grabbed the key from under the mat. When he unlocked the door, Joe went right to the fridge. "You're not eating her food!" Joe laughed and grabbed the chores list.

"I'm looking at this." He said, waving the small slip of paper. Sal looked at his phone as Joe looked at the list. "Wow Sal, you must really like this girl if your willing to watch her cats." Sal looked at Joe confused. He laughed a bit, having a feeling Joe was joking.

"Please Joe, I know (Y/N) doesn't have any cats." Sal said.

"Sal, it says right here, feed the cats. Patches is the brown, light brown and white one, Mittens is the black one with white paws." Joe read. Sal looked around. A small bell rang and Mittens, the energetic little kitten she was, ran into the kitchen to greet them.

"Oh god! She does!" He yelled. Joe burst into laughter. "It's not funny!" Joe picked up the small cat.

"Oh come on Sal. Look at this cutie!" Joe said. The kitten purred as Joe rubbed her small head. Sal shook his head. He turned to look at the kitchen doorway. Patches, the 4 year old cat, strutted into the kitchen. She stopped at Sal's feet and sat. She looked up at him, making Sal uncomfortable.

"Oh wow. Hello." He said. She kept her glance on his eyes. Joe set Mittens onto the ground. She dashed to Patches and started to fight her. Sal gasped at the cat fight. Joe shrugged. It was nothing Q's cats never did. Sal grabbed the list from Joe. He needed to get the things done fast. Quickly, he watered the plants, filled up the cat's food and water bowls, he skipped the litter since it wasn't that full, and finally made sure everything was fine. He checked making sure the cars hadn't broken anything or scratched stuff up.

"Sal look!" Joe yelled when Sal walked into the livingroom. Joe was sitting on the floor with Mittens, she was chasing a toy on a string. Sal nodded.

"That's nice Joe." Sal mumbled. Joe shook his head. He would never understand Sal and his cat fear.

****

For the rest of the two weeks, Sal forced Q to come to your apartment. Sal did the work while, Q played with the cats. It was a good deal for the both of them. "What taking so long Sal?! Going through your girlfriend's panties?!" Q yelled from the living room. Sal walked in and scoffed.

"No you creep." Sal said crossing his arms.

"I did." Q teased. Sal rolled his eyes and grabbed his jacket.

"Shut up and lets go." He said. Mittens looked up at Sal, and her eyes widened with curiosity. A string hung from the bottom of Sal's jacket. Sal screamed out as the kitten jumped up, digging her nails into Sal's jeans. Q laughed as Sal jumped away.

"She just attacked me!" Sal yelled. Q shrugged.

"She likes you. She wants to play with you." He said. Sal heard a knock on the door. He answered to see you clutching your suitcase. You smiled at each other.

"Hi Sal." You said. He kissed you.

"Hey (Y/N). Let me take that for you." He said. You handed him your suitcase and he brought it in.

"Thank you Sal." You said. When he left, your eyes went to Q, sitting on the floor with Patches on his lap.

"Sup, I'm Q." He said. You laughed a bit.

"Uh hello. I'm (Y/N)." You said. He nodded and stroked Patches' back.

"I like your cats." He said.

"Thanks." You said. Sal walked in and pointed at Q.

"That's my friend Brian. He came here me." Sal said. You nodded. Q stood up.

"I'll uh leave you two alone for a minute." Q said. He awkwardly walked out the apartment. You laughed a bit and focused on Sal. Q popped his head back in. "Oh Sal's scared of cats by the way! Figured he didn't tell you." Q was right, Sal didn't say a thing.

"Sal." You said. He sighed. "You should have said so. You didn't have to continue to watch my house." Sal shrugged.

"Come on. It's alright. I'm not that afraid." He said. Suddenly Patches hissed loudly causing Sal to wince in surprise. You laughed.

"Not that scared eh?" You teased. Sal sighed but laughed.

"Alright fine. I'm scared of them. I can't help it, please don't judge me." He said.

"I'm not judging you! You should have told me I would have just hired someone." You said. He shrugged.

"And spend all the money? It's no problem really. I'm happy to help and I'll do it again if you need me." He said. He looked at the clock. "I better get going. Dinner tomorrow night?"

"Sounds perfect." You said. He smiled and kissed you.

"See you then." He said. You let him out and goodbye to Q.

"You'll do anything for her. That's real sweet Sal." Q said when you shut the door.

"Yeah I'm not an asshole." Sal said. Q cocked his head to the side

"Welllll." He said. Sal rolled his eyes. He started walking away from Q, leaving his smart ass behind. Q chuckles to himself and followed.