Babysitter (Joe x Reader)

Random baby name hope you guys don't mind it!

"No! You can't do this to me! You're my only babysitter!" You yelled. The 17 year old teenager sighed.

"I'm sorry Miss. (Y/L/N). My boyfriend asked me to the homecoming dance tonight and I already bought the dress and everything." She said. You sighed. It would be ridiculous to get mad at her. School dances were the best and regrettable to miss.

"It's ok. Have fun." You said.

"Thank you. I hope you find someone." She said. You smiled and hang up the phone. You laid your head onto the kitchen table.

"Mommy!" Lucas yelled. You looked up to see him around his sippy cup. "Juice!"

"Sure sweetie." You said. You took the cup and went to the fridge. You started pouring him orange juice. What am I going to do? You thought to yourself. I can't miss this business meeting. It's the most important meeting of my life. You snapped back into reality when the juice split over the cup. "Damn it." You whispered.

"Mommy! Juice!" The one year old wailed. You put the top on and gave it to him. You rubbed his head as he sipped. Your phone rang in you hand.

"Hello?" You answered.

"Hey there, how's it going?" Joe asked. You smiled a bit. You and Joe started dating a year ago. You were worried about going back into the dating scene, considering your ex-boyfriend left you alone with a two month old baby. That alone was enough to scare off any man, but not Joe. Joe didn't care about the past and what happened between your ex. He was so sweet to you and to Lucas. He was a dream come true.

"Awful." You said.

"Why? What's wrong?" He asked concerned.

"I have no one to watch Lucas today and I don't what to do. I'll get fired for sure if I miss it-"

"Say no more. I'll be over ASAP." He said. You smiled.

"Are you sure? You don't have-" He shushed you.

"I'll be there soon. Hang tight." He said.

"Ok Joe thank you." You said.

"Anything for you." He said. You smiled to yourself. You hugged your phone once you hang up.

"Why didn't I met him sooner?" You asked yourself. You looked over at Lucas, covered in his spaghetti lunch. You smiled and started wiping his face. "But that's means I wouldn't have my precious angel." You said. He whined and pushed your hand and napkin away. You laughed. You lifted him up and out of the high chair. "Let's take a bath before Joe gets here."

"Bubbles!" He yelled. You laughed.

"Bubble bath it is."

****

As you rubbed baby lotion on Lucas' soft skin. He smiled widely as you made goofy noises. You looked at the clock. 5 pm. Joe didn't live far, it's been 40 minutes. Way longer then it usually takes. "Where's Joe?" You said high pitched as you slipped him into his footie pajamas. He got sleepy by 6 pm. You carried Lucas downstairs and you heard a knock on the door. "Coming!" You lightly set Lucas in the living room play pen and rushed to the front door.

"Hello gorgeous." Joe said. You smiled at him. He handed you a bouquet of colorful flowers.

"Joe! You shouldn't have!" You said. You left him inside the house.

"I should have. You were stressed out so I thought you could use a pick me up." He said. He pulled a bottle of wine from the shop bag. "And this is for when you get home." He put the bottle in the kitchen. He took a plush green t-Rex out of the bag. "And for the Dino lover...where is he?"

"Living room." You said. You followed Joe. He bent over giving Lucas a huge smile.

"Hey buddy! I got something for you." He handed Lucas the toy, making him smile. "Goes perfectly with your pjs." You smiled.

"You're so sweet Joe." You said. He smiled back. You kissed his cheek. In the corner of your eye you saw the clock. "Oh my god I'm gonna be late!" You ran into the dining room to get your things. "I ran out of diapers in the nursery but there's some in the diaper bag. He already had lunch but he'll be hungry again soon. His been liking orange juice..." Joe picked up Lucas, smiling at the smell of the lotion.

"Got it. Got it. Got it." He said. You walked towards him.

"Make sure he goes to bed at 8 if I'm not back." You said. Joe nodded. You pointed at him, glaring at him sternly. "I mean it Joe. He'll be cranky tomorrow and your gonna be the one over here caring for him." He nodded, almost looking fearful.

"Yes ma'am." He said. You kissed both of them.

"Love you both." You said as you opened the front door. Joe smiled.

"Love you too." He said. You walked out the house, dreading the meeting.

*****
"Few more minutes." You mumbled. You were so close to home. You love nothing more then to be on the couch beside Joe with a glass of wine. A loud honk behind you made the image slip away. The light had turned green. You sighed and pressed on the gas pedal. Sitting in the conference room for two hours wasn't your idea of fun. You sighed in relief at the sight of home. You quickly parked, not caring about the sloppy job you'd done. Even though you feet killed from your heels, you sped walked to the door. You unlocked the door and walked in.

"Hey (Y/N)." Joe said. You smiled at him. He must have heard the door being unlocked. You eagerly kicked off your heels and pulled him into a kiss.

"I'm so happy to be home." You said when you pulled away. He laughed.

"I can tell." He said. He grabbed your hand and lead you to the kitchen. He pulled a chair out from the island. When you sat down, Joe put his hands on your shoulders. "Tell me all about the meeting."  You deeply sighed and talked about everything. How you were so bored you wanted to sleep, how people annoyed you with there stupid ideas that's would do nothing for the company and how standing to present for so long killed you feet.

"It was awful Joe. Sometimes this job drains me." You said. He nodded and walked over to your cabinets.

"I can see why. I'll have to say (Y/N), you are truly super Mom." He said. You scoffed.

"No way. I'm no super Mom." You said. He set two wine glasses out.

"Babe, you are by far the most incredible woman and mother of all time. You're raising a baby on your own with a job on the side. You're sooo independent and strong." He said. You smiled at him.

"I wouldn't be able to do it without you Joe. Love you." You said.

"I love you too." He said as he pouted wine into both glasses. He lifted his up.

"To all of us." He said. You lifted you glass up.

"To us." You said.

"Cheers." He said, taking sip. You laughed.

"Cheers."