New Neighbor (Joe x Reader)

Joe eyes slowly opened as he heard yelling and banging. He groaned and sat up. "This is why I hate apartments." He mumbled. He walked out into the livingroom where Murr was watching tv.

"Morning Joe." He said. Joe grunted in response.

"Hurry up!" A man screamed in the hall. Joe stopped and stared at the front door.

"What the hell." He groaned. Murr took a sip of his coffee and shook his head.

"New neighbors. They sounds like loud douchebags. They've been screaming at each other the whole time." Murr said. Joe sighed.

"Great noisy neighbors...just what we need." He mumbled.

"Yeah....we should say hello!" Murr said. Joe glared at him. "Oh come on Joe. If they're gonna be our neighbors we need to introduce ourselves and see what they're like."

"Alright fine." Joe mumbled. Murr smiled. They both put on presentable clothes and walked into the hall. They watched two men fitting a sofa into a doorway.

"Excuse me! Are you two the new neighbors?" Murr asked. The man outside the door turned to him.

"Look at the shirt genius." He snapped. Joe and Murr looked at the shirt that had the name of a moving company they've never heard of.

"Oh..." Murr mumbled. The guy turned back around and shoved the couch inside. They placed the couch and walked out.

"We gotta get our money." One man said to the other one. They walked downstairs and left the door wide open.

"Rude...." Joe mumbled. The man made him even moodier. Murr noticed the moodiness and blamed the hour of sleep he lost. Murr moved his head around. "What are you doing?" Joe asked.

"I'm trying to see if I can figure out what this person is like." Murr mumbled. Joe laughed a bit.

"Only you would do that." He said. They heard steps coming up the stairs. They stared at you as you walked to your door. You groaned.

"Dicks." You groaned. As you shut the door, Murr yelled for you to wait. "Oh." You opened the door. "Yes?"

"Hi I'm Murr and this is my roommate Joe. We live across the hall." He said. You smiled.

"Nice to meet you both. I'm (Y/N)." You said with a smile. They both smiled back. Joe stood behind Murr shyly which is odd for him. He was so friendly and outgoing, but you were so pretty he got very shy and choked up. "Well I'm sorry to cut the introductions short but I gotta go unpack."

"Perhaps we can help!" Murr said. You smiled.

"Really? But there so much...." You trailed off.

"No! We insist." Joe chimed in. You smiled

"Alright fine." You said. He smiled. Murr looked at his watch.

"Oh shoot! I forgot I have to go see my girlfriend! Sorry (Y/N)! It's just you and Joe!" He said. He ran quickly down the stair. You smiled at Joe.

"Come in." You said. Joe nervously smiled and walked into your apartment.

*****

Joe laid on the mattress on your bedroom floor. "Joe, can you please help me with this?" You asked. You were trying to put the bed frame together. You figured out that you couldn't possibly do it alone.

"Give me a minute." He mumbled. He had been here for like three hours and was honestly tired but getting to know you was nice.

"Joeee." You groaned. He rolled off the mattress and crawled over to you. You laughed a little. "Hold the bars and I'll screw it." Joe smirked a bit. "Grow up." You said laughing a bit. You put the screw into the hole and started to turn the screwdriver. For some reason the screw wasn't going into the hole. You growled.

"Do you need help?" He asked. You looked at him. You forgot how close he was so your face was inches away from his.

"No." You mumbled. Joe looked down and slightly nodded. You lowered your head and started again. Joe huffed in your ear. You glared at him the corner of your eye.

"Sorry..." He mumbled. You finally screwed it in.

"Yes!" You celebrated. Joe smiled. You hugged him.

"Good job?" Joe said confused at your happiness. You smirked.

"Thank you!" You said then gave him a huge kiss. You pulled away and went to the next side. "Ok next." You said. Joe sat there confused as all hell.

"Wait...you just kissed me...cause you screwed in a screw?" He asked. You nodded.

"I didn't know how else to kiss you." You said. He shrugged.

"Fair enough." He crawled besides you. "I better get kissed after each screw." He said.

"Nope. One kiss only." You smiled. He sighed.

"Damn it." He mumbled.

**2 years (bonus ending ;) )

"Hello from the other side!" Murr sang when he walked into the hall. Joe rolled his eyes.

"Are you gonna open the door?" You asked. He looked at you.

"Don't have to?" He asked. You cocked your head to the side. He sighed and stood up. He opened the door to a smiling Murr.

"Howdy neighbors." He said.

"Hi Murr!" You yelled from the couch. He walked in before Joe could object.

"Hello (Y/N)....I'm still upset." He said. You laughed.

"What?! He's my fiancé. Why wouldn't he move in with me?" You asked.

"Besides Murr, it was either I come here or I kick you out." Joe said. Murr frowned.

"I guess it's fair..." He mumbled.

"But who knows! You guys might move outta the building to live in a house and I'll be alone!" He frowned.

"Aw Murr. You can live in our basement." You said. Joe quickly shook his head.

"No no, please no." He said. You and Murr laughed.