No Regrets

Kate, Will, and Natalie stood there, shocked. Kate was holding Lyn while Kota was holding her hand.

Erin turned her head toward them, and then back toward Jay. They were sitting on the couch right next to each other. 

"Okay, guys. Erin...," he paused then restarted, "We have to tell you guys something."

"My ears are open," Will stated.

"Well, for starters, I'm sorry I left. But I don't regret any of it. Anyway shortly after I left, I found out I was pregnant," Erin smiled.

"Was?" Kate asked, concerned. Kate sat down in the recliner as Natalie and Will took seats on the loveseat. Kota and Lyn sat on the floor playing with toys.

"No, no, no. It's all good," Erin reassured. "I decided to keep it, I wasn't and didn't abort it. I didn't abort her. Her name is Lauren Eliza Halstead. She is in the back room sleeping. She's only two weeks old," Erin explained.

"Three under three," Will murmured. "Have fun with that one!"

"I really am sorry for not telling any of you and for leaving so abruptly. Not a day went by that I didn't think about coming back, but every time I did, I convinced myself not to. That' not entirely true, though. I did come back. It was when I was maybe 5 or 6 months along, but Jay, you were hurting still, and I knew me coming back then wasn't good, so I left. Again. When I went into labor, I wanted you there. I wanted all of you there, but sadly, that wasn't possible. I had her, and when I looked into her eyes, I knew I had to let you meet her," Erin explained.

"Erin, we don't care how you got back here or what happened when you were gone, but we do care that you're back," Natalie stated. "I'm going to go look at this daughter of yours, I'm sure she will be adorable."

Nat stood and walked away, Will stretching out across the loveseat.

"She right, Erin. I don't care if you were bald and brought home triplets, I'd still love you and I'd love each one of them. Thank god you didn't though." Jay joked. "You didn't, right?"

"Nope, just the one," Erin smiled.

"Did you hold her, Jay?" Will asked.

"I did hold her, but she was sleeping so I thought it'd be best if we just let her sleep."

"Good idea," Kate responded.

"Now, if you guys don't mind, I'd like to welcome my wife back. If you could go grab Nat and leave. I'll let y'all visit later, kay?" Jay smirked.

"Oh," Kate said, slightly disgusted, "Well, I don't want to see that!"

"No, Kate. God, no. I meant I wanted to spend time with my family. Ugh," Jay sighed, laughing.

"We'll get out of your hair," Will gave Erin a hug. "It's nice to see you, Erin."

"You too, Will. I'll see you later," she replied.

When Natalie, Will, and Kate left, both Erin and Jay sat on the floor playing with their kids.

As night arrived, and messages had been left by a ton of people wanted to see Erin and this daughter of theirs, they both put the kids to sleep and headed back to their own room. They laid down, but seconds later were at Lauren's side trying to appease her.

"Jay," Erin started. "I never found myself."

"What?"

"I left trying to find myself. Trying to sort me out. And truth is, I was always here, I just didn't know it. I couldn't recognize who I was and I had no clue what I was feeling, but I'm better now."

"I know, Erin. And I love you for that," Jay smiled, kissed her cheek and grabbed her free hand. They headed back to the room and laid down on the bed, holding hands, their eyes locked on each other.