That Makes Two of Us

"I think you should tell him what you've told me," Dr. Short suggested.

"Okay, I'll take that into consideration. Thanks. Have a good day," Erin stated, getting up and leaving to find Jay waiting for her in the lobby.

"How'd it go?" He asked.

"We've got some things to talk about, me and you. But I don't think I'll need therapy anymore." Erin admitted.

"That's good. Let's talk." He led her to the car. As they sat in the car they discussed it.

"I'm terrified. Okay. Of children. I said I wanted them because I knew it'd make you happy and I knew that you'd like that but I just don't. Please don't get mad. And then we were talking and I just blurted out that I kind of didn't want you anymore but I'm not so sure about that. I mean, I love you and all but I'm afraid. I don't know of what, maybe commitment, but I'm just terrified." Erin stated.

"It's okay. If you don't want children, I'm completely fine with that. I mean if it happens, it happens and I'm totally okay with that. But if it never does, then it never does. But I'm confused. Why are you afraid? Why are you terrified? What about me scares you?" Jay turned his body to her.

"I've never been this in love with somebody. I've never felt like this, and I know it's the same for you, but you know I didn't have the best childhood and I never saw this for me, and I never expected it and I never even thought about it. Love, marriage, it's all completely new to me. Everything. And I don't know what I'm doing anymore, I don't know what I should do anymore and the therapist said talking to you would, in time, help me find my way." She buckled her seat belt.

"I don't know hat to say. I'm glad you told me, but it should've been sooner. Like before we got married!" Jay turned away. He buckled up his seat belt and started driving.

"I'm sorry! I didn't feel that, I was in awe, I guess." Erin countered.

"I just wish you felt the way I feel about you. I wish... never mind. We're home." Jay stated. Erin got out of the car but Jay stayed in. When she shut the door he sped away.

When he parked the car, he made a phone call. Five minutes later, it ended and he headed back home.

"What was that about?" Erin asked.

"I had to make a phone call." Jay scolded.

"And what was this phone call about?"

"I'm going back over to Afghanistan for a tour. A year. I feel the time apart would be best. I'm gonna talk to Voight in the morning. I leave in two days." Jay said, walking into the bedroom and laid down. Erin followed him.

"I wish you would've talked to me about this. Got my opinion."

"That makes two of us."

"You know what Jay, you don't have to be an ass about it! I told you how I felt, and if you feel like you want to go risk you're like for a year, than sort this out with me, then do it." Erin shouted. "I hope we can get on good terms before you leave though."

"Yeah, me too." Jay rolled over on his side and closed his eyes.