Hit me.

2 months later, Erin was discharged and sent home. Burgess said she would look after Erin but Jay felt obliged to help her, so he went over to the apartment the day she was discharged.

"Jay, I told you to stay away," Erin one-handedly wheeled her way over to the television.

"Yeah, well I told you I wouldn't. Erin, I just want to help you, please. Your wrist is still healing, you're in a wheelchair. Burgess can't always be here, so when she isn't, will you allow me to be?" Jay asked, "please?"

"Fine. But you have to listen to me, Jay."

"I will."

"Really listen. Because, as of right now, you haven't done a great job at that," Erin teased, letting out a quiet laugh.

"I guess not, but I promise to listen. I will do whatever you want. Then when you are all healed up, I'll leave if that's what you want," Jay stated.

"Well, I guess I can go, Erin. I'll be back tomorrow. Call me if you need anything," Burgess said as she grabbed her things and left.

"I'm sorry, Jay."

"What for? Erin, you don't have anything to be sorry for."

"I'm sorry you feel obligated to help me like this. I just feel like a burden to my friends," Erin covered her face with her hands.

"A burden? No. A joy? Yes. Erin, you are loved. You are what makes a burden feel like a blessing. You see the good, you see the happiness, you share it and you spread it. That's why anyone who's your friend is lucky to have you," Jay smiled, holding her hand.

"I'm lucky to have you, I guess." Erin squeezed his hand.

"How far along are you now?"

"Jay, you know that already." Erin laughed, "what's your angle."

"To distract you. Now come on, answer." Jay ordered.

"About 20 weeks," Erin stated.

"Boy or girl?"

"Don't know yet." She smiled big.

"Wishing for...?"

"A healthy baby, no matter what gender," Erin said.

"Agreed." Jay nodded.

They talked for a while before Jay helped her onto the couch. He then sat next to her and they sat there for hours watching the movie The Shallows.

After the movie ended, Jay carried her to the bedroom and made sure she was comfortable before retreating. Before he could leave the room, Erin stopped him. "Jay," she said. As he turned around, she asked, "could you stay with me?"

"Yeah, of course." He took off his shoes and shirt and crawled into bed next to her. "Whatever you need, don't hesitate to ask. And if it's the middle of the night and you really need a cup of water, just hit me and I'll go get it for you."

"Hit you?"

"Hit me." Jay smiled. "Good night, Erin."

"Good night, Jay."