Getting Arrested

"So, Erin, do you want to talk about it?" Hank asked.

"Eh. Not really. Can I have tomorrow off?"

"Erin, you know I can't do that..."

"Dang it. I guess I must see him, ay?"

"Yes, you must."

~~~~

"I'm honestly not feeling too fine, Hank. I'm not coming in today. I'm gonna stop by the drug store for some cough medicine and some cold resistance crap. I'll try and be in tomorrow. I've found a cheap hotel I can stay at, I feel awkward at your place. I'll see you, soon, hopefully."

"See you soon, hopefully."

She got in her car and headed to the drug store. She walked down every isle looking for anything she could snatch. Going down one of the isle's, a wave of dizziness hit her and she grabbed for one of the shelves, hitting her head on the corner. "Why, me? At least I'm in the isle with the band-aids."

"Miss, are you okay?" A guy walked up.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'll just take these."

"Band-aids. It looks like you'll be using these soon. Is that all?"

"Yes, please."

"I'll check you out, follow me." He said.

"Thank you."

She  got in her car and sat there. She didn't put a band-aid on but she didn't start her car either. She leaned back her seat and closed her eyes.

The sound of tires squealing woke her up. She looked to her left to see a car headed straight for hers. She watched it get closer and closer and didn't do anything to stop it. Eventually it hit her car. Luckily it hit a couple inches short of smack dab in the middle of her door so she was left untouched except for the fact that she had a hug cut on her arm.

"Oh my god! Are they okay?" Someone shouted from afar. Erin got out and checked on the other driver. 

"Sir, are you okay? This is detective Lindsay, are you okay, sir?"

"I need help, can you come here..." 

"Yes, I can do that." She approached his car.

"Say anything I shoot you. You're gonna get all the backup you can, you're gonna get ambulance's, firetrucks, all the police you can get, you're gonna get them here now or I'll shoot you and kill everyone else on this street. Got it?" The man whispered as he pulled out a gun.

"I can't do that." Erin stated.

"You can and you will." 

"No, you don't understand. It's my day off, they won't come in for me. But, I can call somebody and he will do what you want. I promise."

"Okay, call him."

She pulled out her phone. "Hey, Jay."

"Erin, is everything okay?"

"No, no, no, I'm not at the hospital right now, I got delayed... I need you on the corner of 5th and Wallaby. Hurry, please."

"Okay...?" He hung up.

"Hey, something's wrong. Get eye's on 5th and Wallaby, Mouse."

"Yeah, Jay." He pulled up the cameras for that street.

~~~

"Sir, you don't have to do this. Whatever you think you're doing, it's not worth it, no matter what the cost. I promise you. You can walk away from this, you haven't done anything wrong yet, it's all fine. Just hand me the gun and you can go to the hospital. I'm sure you want that gash on your leg checked out, huh? Give me the gun and I can take you to the hospital." Erin tried talking him down.

"It's too late. Nothing will change my mind," the man said. He looked away for a second and Erin was able to grab the gun from him. When some patrol got there, they saw Erin pointing the gun at the man and they arrested her instead of the guy.

"What the hell? Let me go, I'm detective Lindsay!" 

"Yeah and I'm Mr. President." The patrol officer teased.