Hugged

I really hate to say it, but I think I'm going to end this book at or a little after chapter 100. Please let me know what you think.

"The good news is she's completely fine. Which is saying something because she obviously just got stabbed. It hit no arteries and did little to no damage to any of her organs," the doctor started, "it's miraculous. She is in recovery right now, one of you, maybe two, can go back to see her."

"Voight and I are going," Jay shot.

"Okay, right this way," the doctor led them to the recovery ward.

As they walked into the curtained in room, Jay broke down.

"Baby, oh. The doctors say you're gonna be okay and once you wake up you can get your own room. So please, babe, please wake up," Jay cried into her hand as he held it tightly.

"Now she should be waking up shortly, and when she does, she will still be a little out of it but she should make a full recovery," the doctor explained.

"Thanks, doc," Jay replied, pulling his head up and wiping his very visible tears.

"Jay, why don't you go home and spend a little bit of time with your kids. Take a nap. Grab a quick shower. She won't be awake for a bit and even then, she'll still be on anesthesia, she won't remember most of this," Voight suggested.

"You sure? Will you call me when she wakes up though?" Jay asked.

"Of course, Jay. I will," Voight hugged him, "go home."

"Thanks," Jay pulled away and slowly left, catching glimpses of Erin as he left.

He walked into Erin's apartment and saw Burgess and Ruzek playing with his kids in the middle of her living room floor.

"We took Erin's keys, hope you don't mind," Burgess started.

"We figured it was best if they were surrounded by places they were familiar with," Ruzek continued.

"Yeah, I understand. How have they been?" Jay asked.

"Great, they're good kids," Ruzek stated.

"How's Erin?" Burgess questioned, "Is she okay?"

"The doctor said she'd be fine. She's in recovery. Voight told me to come home. Take a shower, nap," Jay explained, "it sounds completely stupid now."

"No, Jay. I completely understand," Burgess responded. She stood up and hugged him. "Welcome back."

"It's just, it's all my fault," Jay mumbled.

"Jay, don't blame yourself, this wasn't your fault. We're all here for you and we know you love Erin. She's gonna be fine. The doctor said so, right? So don't' beat yourself up, go shower and get some shut-eye," Ruzek ordered as they bro-hugged.