Forgiven

"Jay, we have to work this out, you can't leave in the middle of an argument. What if you die? What if... I never get too see you again?" I argue with him in the break room at CPD.

"Then I die. I don't want to talk about it. I made a decision, I kept it to myself. Just like you did, keeping your feelings to yourself. Now you know how it feels." He says coldly.

"I'm sorry, Jay, please, don't leave with us like this." I beg.

"There's nothing you can do to change my mind. I'm done with this conversation. Maybe in a year, we can talk about this, but as of right now, I leave tomorrow and that's it." He states.

"Okay." Her voice cracks.

He walks out and is about to sit in his desk but is called into Voight's office.

"Halstead, I heard that fight. If you're leaving, you have to work this out. Now I know I have no place in this, but if you die, you will realize what kind of son of a bitch you were before you died and regret it so much. If you die, you'll want her to know you love her but you won't get that relief because you left her without a word. You'll regret it if you leave and don't tell her so. Jay, you're a good man, you're a strong man, you both can work through this, you're relationship is strong enough. Don't let one silly argument change your mind. Work it out! Don't leave until you do! And sure as hell don't hurt Erin, Jay! Cause if you do, I will go over to Afghanistan myself and put a bullet in your head. Don't ever doubt that for a second!" He shouts at Jay.

"Yes, sir. May we have the day off?" Jay asks honorably.

"As long as you're with her." He shoos Jay away and shuts the door.

"Erin, we're leaving." Jay grabs her coat.

"What? Why?" She questions.

"We've got some things to discuss." Jay stated, helping Erin with her coat.

"I'm glad you changed you're mind."

They walked to the car and headed home. As they walked in, Jay recalled the conversation they had had the night before.

"Jay, I'm sorry. But I'm sure now, I want to be here with you. I want to be with you. I love you, Jay. I've always loved you." Erin started.

"Erin. Stop...." He took a long pause with a stern face. "It's okay. I forgive you. I've made such a fuss out of this when I should've realized you did marry me, you did say I do. In fact, you said it twice! I should've realized. And we should've made the decisions together, I don't want you to be pressured into having a baby. And I sure as hell don't want to leave you while we're fighting. I'm so sorry, I should've gotten you're opinion on me reenlisting. I'm so sorry, Erin. I love you. I want you to remember that. If I don't make it back, I want you to remember I love you, I want you to remember that no matter what, this is where my heart is." He put his hand on her chest.

"I love you." She said and kissed him.

He pushed her up against the wall and started kissing her neck. Jay pulled off his shirt. She ran her fingers down the bumps of his spine.

"How am I supposed to leave now?" Jay frowned.

"You'll be back, and I'll be here, waiting right here for you."