Trust

"Hey, babe. How are you feeling?" Jay sat up on the bed and looked at Erin who was already awake.

"The same as yesterday."

"Did you mean what you said yesterday?" Jay asked. Just yesterday, she had confessed all of her sad, upsetting, yet truthful feelings.

"I did." Erin gulped.

"Do you still mean what you said when you said you didn't want help?"

"I did."

"Okay, I won't bug you about it anymore, but I'll be right next to you if you ever decide you feel differently, okay?"

"Okay, Jay. I'm gonna get ready for work, are you going to, too, or should I leave alone?"

"I'm going to, just gonna rest my eyes for a couple more minutes," he smirked.

"Get your ass up." Erin laughed throwing a pillow at him.

"It's nice to see you laugh, ya know."

"It's nice to laugh, but sometimes, and I don't wanna ruin the moment, but sometimes it's fake."

"Just be truthful. I don't care if it ruins the moment because it doesn't. I'd rather have you telling me something sad every day if it was the truth than have been lied to every day. I want you to be you around me because deep down, I love you for who you are." He pecked her cheek as he crawled out of bed. She smiled. "Is that a genuine smile?" Jay asked.

"Yeah," Erin gave him a hug, "I really do love you, ya big lug."

"I love you, too. Now we don't wanna be late, so let's get going." Jay rushed. 

"I know, I know." Erin murmured as she slipped on some clothes more appropriate for work.

As they headed into work, Erin walked ahead of Jay. 

"Erin, wait." Jay grabbed her hug. He pulled her into a hug and whispered into her ear, "You don't have to be strong in front of all of us. They'll understand, I promise. So if you ever feel like you wanna cry, just go ahead. Or you can pull me or one of them aside and talk about it. You don't have to keep it all bottled up."

"I know. Jay, thank you." Erin squeezed him tightly then let go.

"Let's head in." He pulled her inside.

"Good morning, Lindsay. Halstead." Platt greeted.

"Good morning, Platt," Jay responded. Erin kept a stern face as she headed up the steps.

"Erin, can I talk to you for a moment?" Voight asked.

"You told him?" Erin yelled at Jay.

"No, I didn't tell him, I promise. I wouldn't've." Jay countered.

"Erin, now!" Voight ordered.

"Coming," Erin mumbled, walking to his office.

"Two things. One, you're late..." Voight raised his eyebrows.

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Does you being late have something to do with what you though Halstead told me? Which is number two."

"Yeah, it does." Erin turned away.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Voight asked.

"Not really."

"Tell me now, because I'm gonna find out sooner or later, and I don't wanna find out before it's too late."

"Hank! I'm not obligated to share every piece of my life with you. This is private, it's personal, and I don't feel comfortable sharing it with you. The only people that need to know is Jay and me, and anyone else I feel comfortable telling. Which does not include you as of now. So please, just let me get back to work, I promise, it won't be a problem. And if you really need to know, I'll tell you, but I don't think you do." Erin argued.

"Okay, send Halstead in when you go out," Voight stated, angry.

"What's up?" Jay walks in.

"Shut the door." Jay shuts the door. "Is everything okay with her?"

"What did she tell you?" Jay asked.

Hank responds quietly, "she didn't, but I need to know and she won't tell me, so if you know, tell me."

"I can't betray her trust right. It would ruin her..."

"What do you mean? Just tell me."

"Don't tell her I told you, I mean it, Voight. If she finds out, she might... Damnit!" Jay let out.

"What's wrong?"

"She's a little depressed," Jay admitted.

"A little?"

"A lot?" Jay replied. "I don't know, but I'm scared for her safety. I'm afraid she's gonna hurt herself."

"Thanks for letting me know, what can I do?"

"I don't know. She won't let me or anyone else help her. She wouldn't have told me if I hadn't kept bugging her. I could've lost her and not known anything about what she was actually feeling," Jay sat down, letting his legs rest.

"Damnit. I wish I knew what to say to help her, but I don't right now, Halstead. I wish I could but I can't. You have to convince her to go to see someone."

"Don't you think I realize that? I tried! I did, but she won't listen!" Jay explained.

"Now you told him," Erin let out a breath.

"Erin, wait. Don't go."

"I trusted you and you destroyed that trust. How could you...? I've gotta get out of here." She grabbed the keys and ran down the steps. Platt called her name a couple times and Jay and Voight chased her down the steps but couldn't stop her from driving away.