Where We Left Off

"You know how much I want a kid, but I think it's too soon for us. I think that we need to wait just a little bit longer. If that's okay."

"That's fine." Erin smiled, kissing him.

A month later...

"Jay, I'm going out tonight with Burgess, is that okay? Will you be fine by yourself?" Erin called out from the bathroom. She was getting ready for work.

"Yeah, I am every other day you go places." Jay scolded from the couch.

"What's wrong?" Erin walked out and sat next to him.

"It's just... I feel like we don't spend as much time together anymore." Jay admitted.

"You know what. You're coming with us tonight. Now put your shoes on, it's your first day back. We don't want to be late." Erin ordered, grabbing a cup of coffee for the way.

"Okay, boss." He teased.

Later that day...

"So you excited?" Erin asked.

"For what...?" Jay replied, confused.

"For our night out. I told Burgess that you were joining us so she's gonna bring a friend. She didn't exactly tell me who, so if you don't like this friend of hers, keep it to yourself." Erin stated.

"I'm very excited, I can finally do stuff. I can actually drink tonight, tonight is gonna be great. I promise." Jay smiled. 

They went home and sat on the couch watching a movie until it was time to get ready. Halfway into the movie, Jay pulled Erin into a kiss. They laid down on the couch making out. Jay removed his shirt and kept going, removing his pants while she took off her clothes, too.

Hour later...

"We're late, ya know." Jay smiled.

"It was worth it. They won't mind. I'm sure they are having a good time themselves. Maybe not as good as ours," Erin laughed, "but hopefully a fine time."

"Yeah, well we better get dressed and go." Jay kissed her and stood up. He started looking for his shirt.

"Yeah."

They arrived at Molly's and found Burgess sitting at a table drinking a beer.

"Where is your friend?" Jay asked.

"He's in the bathroom."

"He...is it a boyfriend?" Erin asked.

"Yes... as a matter of fact. Don't be surprised when you see who it is." Burgess stated.

"We won't." Jay responded.

"Thanks." Burgess replied. Seconds later Ruzek sat down next to her.

"You're back together?" Erin questioned.

"Yes. We actually got back together a couple days ago. I went to Kim's place and we sat down and talked about us. We talked about how it was stupid of me not to be ready for me to be married and we picked up where we left off. We're not engaged right now, but hopefully that's somewhere in the nigh future. We both love each other and we want to be together." Ruzek explained.

"So, Jay, have you talked to Will recently?" Burgess asked.

"Not recently. In fact, he hasn't even tried contacting me. I don't even care that he kissed Erin anymore. Erin and I talked about it, it's all good, as long as it never happens again, we're totally fine with him being in our lives." Jay stated.

"Good, it's never good to let a problem go unsolved. Everything will work itself out." Burgess philosophized. 

"Anyways, let's get some more beer!" Jay changed the subject.

"Hell, yeah," Erin cheered on.