Summer

Thanks to all who gave me names! They were all very beautiful, unfortunately a baby shouldn't have like 16 names. I made this update longer than it was intended to be, so the next update might be a little short, it's not decided yet. It's also a little early, but it still counts as Thursday's update. Enjoy and comment if you like or disliked the name and what happens leading up to the birth. Vote if you liked it, and if you didn't like it, vote! I can always use some of those, I'm pretty lame ya know. Anyway, ENJOY!

Erin got over to Will's as fast as she could the next day, which was actually kind of slow considering the fact that she's nearly 9 months pregnant. She knocked on the door but turned away about to run. Her nerves were getting to her. After a second, she started walking away, she was getting afraid but then the door opened.

"Erin, what's wrong? Is the baby coming?" Jay asked.

"No, god no." Erin turned back toward him. "I came to tell you I want to make this work?"

"Make what work?" Jay questioned.

"Ya know," Erin smiled, "us."

"There is no us."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, Erin, that you didn't want me when I wanted you, and I've moved on. I didn't want to tell you like this, but I've got a girlfriend."

"A... what? I can't breathe," She whispered, her breaths becoming deeper.

"I'm sorry."

"No, no. It's fine. I guess I'll just call you and let you know when I'm in labor, see you later." She waved, heading back to her car tears streamed down her face. Erin stopped and turned around, "how long?"

"A month and a half."

"You waited 2 weeks after I told you no and then gave up on us? TWO WEEKS!?"

"After you said you didn't believe in us, I lost all hope. It's like I can't be an atheist one minute and then the next a believer, that's not how it works. It takes time, and you weren't willing to put that into our relationship. Erin, if you don't think we can work, we can't. And now I don't think we can, so let's not try. It's over, don't come back here unless it's to pick up or drop off my son and baby." Jay scolded.

"Got it," Erin wiped away the stray tears and got in her car.

As she drove down the road, she winced in pain, her car screeching to a stop. Jay heard it and ran outside. He watched the car sit in a motionless position for minutes before going to Erin's aid.

"What's wrong?" Jay opened the door and got in. Erin looked at him and put her hand over her stomach. "Let's get you to a hospital, we're having a baby!" He cheered.

"I think you should drive," Erin tried getting up on her own. Jay ran around the car and helped her into the back so she could lie down.

Quickly, he drove her to the hospital not caring about stop signs or anything. Once they arrived, they found out very humorously that she was barely dilated and would be there hours more.

Jay left as Burgess arrived so he knew she wouldn't be alone. Once he arrived an hour and a half later, he walked into the room with his girlfriend.

"This is my girlfriend, Summer," Jay stated.

"Oh, hi," Erin fake laughed.

"Hi," Summer smiled, "I hope I'm not intruding, it's just Jay told me so much about you and I've met Kota and I can't wait to meet this baby!"

"Oh. Well if you wouldn't mind waiting in the waiting room, that'd be great!" Erin suggested.

"I'll be there then. See you guys soon." She left.

"You brought her?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" Jay asked.

"Because you've only barely been dating her!" Erin argued.

"Yeah, well, we're getting married and I'd want her to be here if she's gonna be the stepmom."

"You asked her to marry you?" Erin winced in pain but still furious.

"No, she asked me and I said yes. At least someone wants to be with me," Jay scolded.

"I do but..."

"But you didn't months ago and now I'm with Summer and I love her," Jay explained.

"Get out. I can't...," she paused because she was having a contraction.

"I'm staying."

"Get out," Erin ordered.

"I'm staying, you're not gonna be alone."

"If you don't leave I'm calling security," Erin said still in pain.

"I'm going, but I'm coming right back once this baby is born."

"Okay," Erin whispered.

Burgess came back shortly after Jay left and comforted Erin while she cried.

Soon enough, Erin was fully dilated and gave birth to their baby girl on June 14.

When Jay came in, he offered up some names after finding out it was a girl.

"Sorry, Jay. But it's my baby and I've already named her," she said.

"What's her name?"

"Adalyn Renee Lindsay," Erin smiled.

"At least let her last name be Halstead, please," Jay pleaded.

"Fine. Adalyn Renee Halstead," Erin repeated with a minor change.

"May I hold her?" Jay asked, his grin so big it touched his ears.

"Yeah, I guess today can be a happy day. Tell Summer she can come in here, I can deal." Erin stated. "Do I get an invite to your wedding?"

"Of course, Erin. I still have feelings for you because you gave me the best gifts in the world, and I'd want you to be there to see me take the next step in my life, and I hope to be there for you, too." Jay explained.

"Thank you," Erin looked at her daughter. "Lyn is adorable."

"Lyn?"

"Yeah, that's what I'm calling her. Adalyn shortens to Lyn and I like that. It's nice."

"Lyn," Jay whispered, "I'm gonna love you forever."

The baby started crying and kicking around so he handed her to Erin to soothe her.

"We're still a family, Erin."

"I know, Jay."

"Ohmagosh!" Summer squealed holding Kota, "she's so cute! Babe, she looks like you but more feminine." Jay wrapped his arm around her and they watched Lyn sleep peacefully once Erin got her to fall asleep.