looks can be deceiving

Sorry update is on Wednesday and not Thursday... I don't know if I can get on tomorrow, but if I can, there will be this update and the next one. So basically if I'm able to, you get two updates this week! And I may even throw in one on Friday, too, if this gets some comments!!!

Hours after everyone had left, Erin finally got out of surgery and they were able to go see her. The doctor explained that she was unconscious from the medicine they gave her and that she should be awake in a few minutes. He explained the extent of her injuries.

She had 4 broken ribs, a fractured wrist, and ankle. A mild concussion, 2 broken fingers, and a bruised femur and tailbone.

Jay's heart broke the second he processed all of it. When the doctor left, he sat down next to her and squeezed her hand. "What happened, Erin? When did our lives take such a bad turn?" Jay whispered.

Voight took Kota with him so Jay didn't have to watch his kid and worry about his wife.

Erin's eyes slowly opened and Jay shot up.

"Jay?" She said quietly.

"Erin. Erin, what happened?" Jay questioned.

"I don't know. I was driving and a car came out of nowhere," Erin struggled to say. "It wasn't my fault Jay. I didn't do this."

"I know, baby. I know, it's okay. Don't worry about anything right now. Just sit here with me." Jay crawled into the bed with her. "How are you feeling?"

"Okay, I guess. I'm tired," Erin shut her eyes.

"Just know I love you, okay. I love you so much, and if you're ever sad or in pain, then I'm sad and in pain. Whatever you feel, I feel. I love you Erin, and I don't know what I'd do without you. Just, whatever you're feeling, however you feel, let me know because I can't bare to lose you. And if you ever left me, my life would be over. Because, Erin, you are my life. You and Kota. Just know that, please." Jay explained. He stroked his fingers through her hair and watched as tears built up around her shut eyelids. He could see some peeking through, and quickly embraced her.

"Jay...," Erin started. She shifted her body to face him.

"Erin...," he replied quietly.

"I love you, and I promise I won't ever leave you. I just don't want to find help because I want to fight my sadness by myself. I don't need help." Erin looked at him, eyes wide.

"You're strong, I believe that, you're physically and mentally strong and powerful. But, Erin, some things you can't fight by yourself. You've got so many people on your side." He whispered into her ear as he lay onto his back.

They laid there for minutes before Jay finally fell asleep next to an already sleeping Erin.

They looked like an actual couple. An actual, happy couple. But sometimes looks can be deceiving...