Millennials

Guys, sorry for the update so late, I've been super stressed out with exams and I completely forgot today was update day, I'm sorry if this part is super bad because I am in a hurry to get it updated so I can get some sleep. I hope y'all somewhat enjoy. Thanks for all the comments, the people who entered, this is what happens if you are chosen. If you are chosen, you get to name the Linstead baby when it's born. So think of names right now, you can still go back and enter if you haven't, but think of names. One of you will be chosen at random. Some of you are entered 1 time, others 2. Hope y'all enjoy this. Give me ideas what to do at the 40k read!!!

Six weeks later

Erin was almost 3 months pregnant, and still not showing. She was very thankful for that because she knew Antonio wasn't going to say anything and she also knew that if Jay found out, all hell would break loose. Their divorce had just been finalized just days before and she could easily tell it really broke him.

"Erin, can we get together and talk things out," Jay started. "I just need to get some stuff out, I know we're divorced now, but I just have things to release."

"I guess, Molly's tonight?" Erin asks.

"Yeah."

Great, she just said she'd be willing to meet up at Molly's. How was she going to hide it from him, it was hard enough to hide it from everyone else not going to Molly's, but now. She's screwed.

As night approached, she figured out what to do. She figured she could order a beer and not drink, just keep it in her hand and just keep talking to distract him. She walked into Molly's and ordered a beer. She sat down at an empty table and waited for Jay.

"Hey," Jay sat down across from her.

"Hey," She responded.

"You haven't been to work lately, you okay?"

"Yeah, I took some time off, I figured it would be best."

"Erin, you didn't have to do that," Jay stated. "Anyway, I wanted to say, I still love you. No matter what, my love for you isn't gonna fade. You will always be the mother of my child and I will always love you for that, but I guess I wanted to say that any other feelings what-so-ever about anything else, I don't think I have anymore. I wanted to say that I'm over you and that I feel we should talk about a custody agreement."

"One, a divorce typically means you don't have any romantic feeling for the person anymore, and two, yes, we need to talk about custody," She tightened her grip on her beer.

Jay took a drink of his. "I was thinking the plain and simple 50-50. We switch off holidays, you have him every other week, I have him every other week."

"Yeah," Erin looked away.

Jay studied her figure, her beer was full, she was looking brighter, exuberant. He finally realized what was going on.

"And we should probably talk about the baby, too," he took a guess.

Her head shot forward, "I..., I'm sorry, Jay. I couldn't go through with it. I kept the baby."

"You kept...! Erin, you told me...! You lied to me, Erin. I wanted to keep it but you said no! I WANTED THIS AND YOU DIDN'T, ERIN. Why didn't you tell me?" He lowered his voice after causing a scene.

"Let me explain."

"Explain."

"I went to the appointment. I even got as far as the room, but sitting there in silence, without the guy that should've been there, there, it was too much. Suddenly, it all clicked, this baby, it was unexpected, yeah, but it was a plan. I was at a fork in the road and it was either, baby or no baby. Turns out, either one of those roads led to divorce, but one of them led to pure joy and happiness. So, I got out of there as fast as I could, I bolted." Erin explained.

"You could've called me!" Jay countered.

"Hang on. I went to my apartment and I was going to call you and tell you I didn't do it, but that's when I got the divorce papers. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't understand why you would do that. I then thought about how, if you had gone with me, you'd have known and wouldn't have filed, but it was going to happen, so why not now? Anyway, that's when I went to have you sign them and we were in a fight and I said something, almost letting out I didn't do it," Erin took a deep breath.

"You were going to tell me, but I didn't give you the chance," Jay sank, he'd ruined it all.

"Yeah. So, I didn't tell you, and I'm sorry I didn't. Then the divorce was finalized, and I honestly don't know when I would've told you if you hadn't figured it out. I'm ashamed of myself, but I knew that you wouldn't have gone through with the divorce, you would've stopped it and been with me, but you wouldn't have been with me, you would have been with the baby, and I can't live a lie. I'm not that person, so Jay, I'm sorry, but it was the only way," Erin wiped a tear from her cheek.

Jay stood up. He looked at her with sad eyes, but instead of leaving, he pulled her into a hug. "I know, Erin. I trust you."

"This doesn't mean we are back together." Erin pulled away.

"No, we're co-parenting."

"Co-parenting, that's what normal people do. Co-parent. We're normal."

"We're not normal, Erin."

"Almost normal people co-parent, so that's what we're doing."

"Yeah." Jay let out a light laugh.

"Yeah," Erin replied, laughter peeking out through her voice.

"I'm sorry for everything, Erin. Please forgive me," Jay pleaded.

"If you can forgive me?"

"We're both forgiven then, right?"

"Right," Erin whispered. "I gotta go, it's late and I need to get some sleep, I've been up for almost 24 hours.

"Go home," Jay ordered, "Get some sleep."

Jay wanted to say I love you as he watched her leave and it took everything in him not to. He grabbed her beer, drank it, and ordered another.

As Erin walked out to her car, the automatic keys were disabled and she had to unlock the car manually, who could imagine that pain? Jk, lol, it's just a millennial joke. She unlocked the car but the key got stuck and broke in half, now she couldn't even drive her car. Great. She was about to head back into Molly's when a car came speeding down the road.

The car plowed into her, her body flying over the top of the car as she landed on the cold hard pavement they called streets. This was it for her, she was so scared of dying before this, but now she was scared that she never really lived. She tried to move, but her body ached. She was in and out of consciousness, but as people heard the crash and started running outside, Jay was at her side, holding her hand through it all.