This Moment

"Let's get you to the hospital, ya know, make sure your okay." The paramedic suggested to Erin.

"Uh, yeah." Erin said with a smile.

They got her to the hospital and they did some x-rays, an MRI and a CAT scan. Everything was fine except for one thing.

"Miss Lindsay, everything seems to be fine. Although you do have a fractured wrist." The doctor explained.

"No? Really? I couldn't tell with my wrist hurting and all." Erin said sarcastically.

"Erin, that's rude." Jay mumbled.

"Well, its true. Can I go home now?" Erin asked.

"Yeah, sure, just let me get the release forms and then your good to go, although we will have to have a follow up appointment so we will be calling you soon."

"Okay. Sure... I'll make sure to answer your call." Erin rolled her eyes.

"Okay, then... I'll be going." The doctor stated and left.

"Thank god, I hated him. He was so rude. Did you see how he was talking to me?" Erin asked.

"Erin, that was you. You were being rude, not him." Jay stated.

"Wow, thanks for being on my side. Aren't you supposed to be my boyfriend?" Erin questioned.

"I am. But you can't be so rude, what's going on? Are you okay? What's changed since the 'I like you' conversation?"

"Nothing. Everything is all good. Nothing's changed." Erin said.

"Well, I'm gonna go get myself a coffee, so I'll be right back."

"Okay." Erin smiled. As he left, she got up and walked to the bathroom.

She looked into the mirror and told her reflection the truth, like her reflection was Jay. "Jay, I was thinking about how you say I back-stabbed you, how you weren't gonna trust me, how you were tired of waiting for me. I guess it finally hit me, you weren't ever gonna truly trust me, never love me. I guess I'm the on that just can't be with you now. I guess I'm to one kind of back-stabbing you. I'm sorry, but everything's changed." She said. 

"What? That's what you think?" Jay frowned.

"I thought.... you were getting coffee."

"I came back to see if you wanted something. I guess you don't."

"No, Jay! Wait! I needed to get that of my chest. I want you. I want to be with you. I need to be with you, that's just what I was feeling at that moment. I needed to say it to hear how stupid it sounded. I like you, Jay." Erin exclaimed.

"Erin, you never sound stupid to me." Jay pulled her in close.

"You're not mad?"

"No, never. I like you, too. I do that, too. I have to hear an idea out loud to see if it's good or not. I understand. But I think you're right. At the point when I said I wouldn't be able to trust you, how I was tired of waiting for you, I was. But now that I have you, I know that I was stupid for saying those things because I'm lucky to have you. I'm lucky to even be able to say the words I like you. And one day, I will say I love you, and you will say back, I love you, too. That's how I feel. It may sound stupid now, but you just wait and see, when we are 90 years old and our great grandchildren are handing us a card that says 'I love you' somewhere on it, you will remember this day. This moment." Jay explained.