The Thanksgiving Decision

"How about we all go around the table and say what we're thankful. I'll start, I'm thankful that this time we're all together we won't get food poisoned." Erin started, "All kidding aside, I'm thankful that I have the most wonderful, amazing friends and family sitting in my kitchen, enjoying a great thanksgiving day with me, and I'm thankful for everything that's happened in the past and I'm also thankful for everything that is going to happen." 

"I'm thankful for you, Erin. You've taught me how to be a better person and I couldn't ask for anything more." Jay stated.

"I'm thankful for all of us being able to be here, to be together. I can't say I'm thankful for all the deaths we've all suffered, Nadia, Julie, baby Linstead, Justin, but I wouldn't change the past because it brought us here and it's made us who we are." Atwater continued.

"I'm thankful for a lot... but there is one thing I'd really like to say, if I may." Ruzek starts. "I'm thankful for Kim. She makes me laugh, she makes me smile, she makes me happy. She's changed me as a person and I'm thankful for that. She's taught me what it meant to be in love and what it means to lose that love and I'm so happy I'm able to love her again." Ruzek turns to her, "Kim Burgess, will you marry me? For reals this time?" Ruzek asks.

"I'm thankful that you asked. Of course I will. I love you." Burgess responds.

"I'm thankful for everything I have." Voight takes a sip of his champagne.

"Let's dig in!" Jay cheered, devouring his turkey.

~~~~

"Go! Go! Go!" All the men cheered in the living room. They were watching football. Typical men.

"So we never really go to finish our conversation the other day in the bathroom." Burgess stated, drying some dishes.

"Yeah, well we can finish it if we must." Erin smiled, washing the dishes.

"So are you gonna talk to Jay about wanting to have more kids? Do you think you're ready for them now? I mean it has been almost 2 months since he said ya'll should wait."

"I guess, I mean I could bring it up but I don't know anymore. I'm starting to doubt it myself." Erin said.

"Why? What's made you change your mind."

"I just feel that if we were to get pregnant again and we lost the baby, again... it'd tear us apart. I feel we wouldn't be able to survive that."

"Erin, god... Erin don't feel that way. Listen... you lost that baby and Jay went over to Afghanistan for what... half a week, a full week, something like that and you guys survived it without seeing each other in the first stages. I say that's pretty damn good. You guys can survive anything, you guys deserve this, don't give it up, don't ever." Burgess comforted.

"Thanks, I appreciate it."

"That's what friends are for." Burgess pulled her into a hug.

"What's all the hugging for?" Jay asked, walking in.

"Just girl talk." Burgess started, "I'll go watch some football while you guys talk... Erin, talk to him about the one thing..." She turned and headed into the living room.

"Tell me about what?"

"Follow me." She led him into their bedroom. "So I don't know how to say this... I'm ready."

"Ready for what..." Jay smirked.

"For children. For a baby. I'm ready." Erin stated.