En Route

She stopped at a gas station miles from the district. No movement came from her body. She just sat there in silence. As a ding on her phone stole her attention, she shut it off and started driving because she knew they had tracked her.

As she drove down the road, she thought about how easy, right there, it would be to commit suicide but instead she pulled over.

Meanwhile at the district, Jay is running around trying to figure out what to do next. "There has to be a way for us to find her. She can't be gone. We're cops."

"Yeah, Jay. We're cops, but she's one too. So she's gonna know what we do next. If she doesn't want to be found, she won't be." Voight explained.

"This is all your fault, Sarge. If you hadn't persuaded me, damnit, she wouldn't be out there by herself."

"Halstead, calm down. We will find her. Don't doubt it."

Jay sat down and sank in his chair. How could this be happening?

He looked around and decided he couldn't be there anymore. "I've gotta go, if you have any leads, please let me know, but as of now, I have to go get my son and I'm probably gonna go visit Will at the hospital," Jay explained.

"We'll give you a call if we find her," Ruzek stated.

"Thanks, man." He gave him a little bro hug and headed out but realized he didn't have a car because Erin took it. He turned around and beaded back up the steps, "Ruzek, can I borrow your car?" He asked.

"Of course!" Ruzek handed him the keys and sat back down in his seat.

Jay left afterward, not saying anything. He drove around a couple blocks on the lookout for her before actually going to the babysitters'. He knocked on the door.

"You're here super early!" She stated.

"Yeah, got off early. I'm just gonna take Kota and go. I'll call if I have to bring him back, have a good day." Jay explained, leaving with Kota.

As he drove to the hospital, he listened to his sons' gurgles and giggles and thought about why Erin would want to leave this. To leave their son. To leave himself.

Kota was nearly 6 months old and couldn't be without a mother like he could without a father.

"It's all my fault, isn't it, bud? If I hadn't left, she wouldn't be all alone right now," Jay released a heavy breath and gripped the steering wheel.

He walked into the hospital and started looking for Will who got off work in less than half an hour. He had worked a night shift.

"Jay! Why are you here?" Will asked.

"Erin is... she ran away." Jay looked away. "So I thought time would be better spent with family than beating myself up over finding her."

"I'm gonna go clock out, they'll let me off early and then we can go sit and talk." Will turned and walked to the counter. Unfortunately they were short staffed so he had to stay the rest of the half hour but he would be called if they needed him.

They walked into a small conference room and sat down and talked. "I keep thinking it's my fault."

"Jay, it's not. It's no ones fault. She will come back, she wouldn't leave you guys and she definitely is too strong to hurt herself."

"Dr. Halstead, patient en route, trauma room 2," A nurse ran into the room and explained.

"I've gotta go, stick around, I should be done fairly soon if everything works out."

"Okay. I'll just wait here." Jay sat in the room and played with his son.

Will walked out and headed over to the emergency entrance where they wheeled in the patient. When she saw who it was, he was speechless. It was an unconscious, motionless Erin.

So in the Chicago time zone it is officially Thursday. Therefore, this is a weekly Thursday update. I hope you guys enjoyed. Let me know what you thought in the comment section and if you like it make sure to vote! Thanks!