The Blackhawks

Guys, I know it isn't Thursday, but I had to update. I got so excited. Yes, this will be updated Thursday two, so you're getting two updates this week. I feel like I'm spoiling y'all. Last week y'all got three and this week y'all are getting two. I'm not saying that's a bad thing though, I love writing these.

"How are you feeling, Erin? Any changes?" Will questioned.

"No, I just don't want to go to the hospital. Please tell me I'm fine. I really don't want to go, am I gonna die?" Erin asked.

"You don't have to go to the hospital, yet. You won't die, it was only a little blood, so even if it is deadly, we will know in plenty of time to get you to the hospital."

"So I could die?" Erin's face wrinkled, she was worried.

"It's gonna be okay, right?" Jay asked. Will didn't respond. "It's gonna be okay?"

"I'm afraid I don't know. I can keep an eye on you, do all of my doctorate abilities, but your safest bet is a hospital. But I promise, if I keep an eye on you and I see one change that worsens your condition, then, Erin, we have to go to the hospital," Will explained.

"What could it be?" Erin asked.

"Well, you only coughed up a little blood, it could just be a sore throat, it could be cancer. It could be pneumonia, it could be a number of things. Common cold. There is no way to know for sure unless we run tests."

"I'm gonna go lay down," Erin stood from the couch and headed to the bedroom. Jay followed her.

"I don't know how you still love me, all I ever do is hurt you," Erin whispered.

"Erin, your love gives me the assurance that the best is yet to come. This is a low point, yes, but the high point is coming, we are gonna be so high. They might drug test us..." Jay smiled.

Erin laughed, "that'd sure be funny, now wouldn't it?"

"I love you, I promise, I still and will never stop loving you."

"Not to break this up or anything," Will started, "but you should probably get some rest, Erin."

"Yeah, thanks." Erin rolled over onto her side. She grabbed a pillow and stuck one in between her legs and then shut her eyes, ready to go to sleep.

Will led Jay out into the living room so they could talk.

"Natalie does that, too. The pillow in between her legs."

"I think a lot of females do that. I tried it one night, it wasn't super comfortable, but I guess it's because I'm a guy," Jay laughed.

"Yeah. That's like saying, I tried wearing a bikini once, but it didn't look so good because I'm a guy. You're such an idiot, Jay," Will teased.

"An idiot that you love."

"Like? Tolerate? Not love."

"I'm cool with that, big bro," Jay stated.

They both sat back on the beige couch. Will grabbed the remote and turned on the hockey game. It was the Stanley Cup Playoffs, Chicago Blackhawks were down in the series, 3-0. And there was 5 mins left in the game, 4-1. They were definitely not moving on.

Will and Jay gave little sarcastic comments to the players, who obviously couldn't hear them.

"The Blackhawks just lost everything," Jay stated quietly.

"Well not everything, why do you say that?"

"I guess I can kind of relate, just a tad. It feels like everything I was so sure of, everything I had a nice, tight grip on is all slipping away. Will, I'm scared of losing her," Jay covered his face with his hands.

"You won't lose her. I won't let that happen. But, hey. I'm always here, okay. You'll always have someone. I promise, the worst case scenario is she's got cancer. And even if so, she'll pull through."

"She has cancer?"

"No, no, no. There's a rare chance that's true, but I'm saying she's strong so you should trust that."

"Thanks, Will."

"Any day, little bro, any day."