Mirrors

"C'mon! I just want to go home!" Erin argued.

"I know, Er, but you aren't ready. Physically, mentally," Jay explained.

"Yes, I am! What do I have to do to prove to you?" Erin asked, sitting herself up in her hospital bed.

"It's only been 2 days, Erin. You don't recover from a stab wound in 2 days," Jay stated.

"No..., you don't, but I do. Please, Jay, talk to the doctor, I'm ready, I know I am. I just want things to go back to normal," Erin pleaded.

"Normal? When were things with us ever normal?" Jay teased, laughing at himself as he started towards the door. "I'll talk to the doc, we'll see what he can do."

"Thanks, babe," Erin sighed with relief.

Almost directly after Jay left, Mike entered the room.

"What are you doing here, Mike?" Erin groaned.

"I'm here because I wanted to check up on you. I loved you, Erin. That doesn't just go away. How are you? When I heard what happened I was terrified, you good?" Mike asked.

"You know what? You have no right showing up here after...," She slowed her words and turned her sentence around. "Actually, you have every right. I'm sorry, Mike. I'm really sorry for everything I've put you through. And to answer your question, I've been better, but yeah, I'm doing good," Erin apologetically explained.

"Erin, don't."

"Mike, you know I loved you too, right? But I love him so much more. I love Jay," Erin stated.

"I know, I just came to see how you were. After all, you will forever be the one that got away," Mike said smiling.

"I'm sorry that I can't say the same, Mike. Now I think it's best if you leave. Now...," Erin encouraged him to leave.

"As do I," Mike started. "Bye, Erin."

"Bye," Erin responded.

She swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood up. She felt awkward in hospitals. They were never her favorite place. She walked over to the bathroom and shut the door. She didn't use the toilet. Instead, she stood there, looking at herself in the mirror.

Jay walked in and saw the disconnected IV and wires and freaked out a little bit. "Erin?" He looked around the corner and didn't see her in the chair so he ran over to the bathroom and opened the door.

"Jeez, Erin! I thought you left," Jay sighed with relief.

"No, I was just..., I don't know."

"You okay?"

"I'm fine, Jay, help me back to bed?"

"So you're gonna stay now?"

"I guess."

"What made you change your mind?" Jay asked.

"I don't know," Erin lied.

"Okay, at least you did. I'll go get a nurse to put the IV back in, stay here. I love you, I'll be right back," Jay ran out of the room. 

"Love you, too," Erin whispered shakingly.