Hugs

"Jay, please, don't do this to us," Erin squeezed his hand, "we need you. I need you." 

Erin shifted in her chair. She had overheard the doctor telling a nurse that they had moved him into a room, so Erin was the first to go see him. Although no one was in a rush to go see him, they were all searching for her.

Once Will decided to go visit his brother, he stumbled upon Erin in the room.

"Erin, what are you doing here? We're all looking for you! What happened?" Will questioned.

"I was in the bathroom with Burgess and, I don't know, I had a minor panic attack, I'm okay now though, and I wanted to see my husband. I'm sorry if I scared you all, I just wanted to come see him... I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking." Erin explained.

"It's okay, I'll go let everyone know, take as much time as you need with Jay." Will informed.

And so she sat there, just looking at him, watching his chest move with every breath he took. He wasn't in a coma, the doctors said it's just because of the sedatives that he was on, that's what was keeping him a sleep. They said he'd be awake within the day.

Jay's eyes started fluttering. 

"Jay, hey, baby, I'm here. I'm right here." Erin hovered over him.

Jay looked around, he seemed confused, upset, disoriented, maybe.

"Why can't I move?" Jay breathed out.

"Jay," Erin looked away, eyes watering, "you have some damage to your spinal cord, they don't know how bad it is yet, but it's bad."

"I can't move, I need to move, why won't I move?" Jay freaked out.

"I'm sorry, Jay, I'm so sorry." Erin hugged him.

"I can't hug you back, I can't..." Jay started, "Erin, I can't move..."

"I know, come here," Erin wrapped her arms around him, "It's okay, it may be temporary."

"I love you, Erin, I love you."

"I love you, too, Jay."