Unexpected

"She'll wake up. You just have believe in that. You can't give up. She's a fighter." Voight slapped Jay on the back, "you got the guy who did it." They stood in the waiting room.

"It's been 2 and a half weeks! She would've woken up by now. She should be here! I should be in that bed, slowly dying!" Jay shouted, his face turning bright red, a vein popped out of his forehead.

"Jay! Stop! Stop! She's gonna be okay. We have news." Will ran up to him, calming him.

"What...what is it? Is she awake? How is she?" Jay questioned.

"She's not awake, but while one of the nurses was checking her vitals, Erin moved. She moved her arm above her head, which is great. It means that she's getting better. She should wake up, soon hopefully." Will smiled.

"That's great." Jay smiled and sat down. He started laughing. He laughed and laughed until his laugh turned into a cry.

"Jay, you heard what he said. She's gonna be fine. She's gonna wake up." Antonio comforted.

"I know. It's just, we haven't talked to each other since 'I do'. I just wanna hear her voice again. I wanna see her smile. I just wanna be able to talk to her again. And I'm crying because I know it's coming but sometimes unexpected things can happen and it could all slip away in seconds." Jay put his head in his hands. "I miss her." Jay said.

"I know. We all do, but she's gonna come back to us. She will."

"I know, I know. I think I'm gonna go out for a run, call me if anything changes." Jay stated.

He walked outside and started running. Sprinting. Anywhere, everywhere. He saw a bar and was gonna go inside until he realized drinking wouldn't change what happened. It wouldn't hide the tears, it wouldn't take the pain away. So he kept running. He ran past the bar, he ran past houses, stores, people, animals, he just kept running like he was going somewhere.

It was almost dark out and he saw a woman. A woman that looked a lot like Erin lay a box on the porch of this house. He ran up to the box to see a baby. He called out for the woman but she got in her car and drove away. He turned back to the baby and picked her up. "It's okay. I'm here. I'm gonna get you to a hospital. Everything's okay." He soothed her. He held her in his arms and watched her sleep as he headed back toward the hospital.

"Woah!" Ruzek laughed, "you leave for 10 minutes and come back with a baby?" He smiled, "who's is it?"

"I don't know. But I found her, I saw the mother leave her on the porch of some random house and leave. I didn't want to leave her alone," Jay looked down at her and smiled.

"Well, she's adorable. But you'd want to let the doctors check her out and call social services." Antonio advised.

"Yeah, I know." Jay frowned.

All of a sudden, doctors started running towards Erin's room, followed by a few nurses. 

Jay followed them, only to see Erin flatlining.