Ditto

She woke up, still upset about what had happened with Jay, but Erin knew she had to live her life because, if not her, her kids deserved a better life.

"Look at you go!" She cheered Kota on, who was walking like nobody's business.

A few knocks on the door forced Erin to avert her attention from her perfect son to a door that will open the way to more problems.

"Erin, it's me," Voight's voice seeped through the cracks around the door.

"Just a sec," she replied as she picked up Lyn and walked over to the door. She stood there for a minute deciding whether or not to open it, "What do you want?" She opened the door.

"I have to show you something. I'll grab Kota, you head out to my car."

"What is it?" She skeptically asked.

"Something you'll want to be there for," Voight countered.

"Okay, let's go."

They arrived at an abandoned warehouse miles outside of the city.

"Before we go in, let me tell you something." Voight counted off, "1) Kate and Will don't know. Don't tell them. 2) I wasn't at liberty to say anything and it was better left a secret. 3) When you walk in there..., well I think you already know. Jay is still alive. We had to fake his death."

The second the words left his mouth was the second Erin flung open her door and ran inside. She didn't care that she had just stepped on a rusty nail and it shot up into her foot, causing mountains of pain. She didn't care that it would probably get infected because she had just gotten her husband back. She had just gotten the love of her life back.

It was as if she was moving in slow motion because to her, it felt like an eternity had passed before she actually reached the building. The doors opened wide and she looked around searching for any signs of life. None. She looked behind every wall and every enclosed corner until she finally found him.

Jay had let his beard grow out a little, it was now and inch and a half long. His hair was disheveled but Erin didn't care. She leapt into his arms and hugged him tighter than a dress that was three sizes too small. And he hugged her back.

"The kids? How are they?" Jay asked.

"Why don't you see for yourself. Voight is bringing them in," Erin stated. "Jay, I've missed you so much."

"Erin, you know I hate lying to you and I definitely hated being apart from you but it had to be done. The day I 'died' in that hospital, I heard every word you said and it killed me to have to 'die' but it had to be done. I'm so sorry for all the pain I've caused you," Jay explained.

"I take it Voight told you what happened...," Erin led on. "I didn't want to jump. I mean I did, but I was being careless."

"Just don't leave me, Erin. I've missed you so much and I never want to have to miss you again," Jay kissed her.

"Ditto," Erin laughed.