Chapter 12- Secrets About Vanessa

Começar do início

Clyde turned red and didn't say anything.

"Aha. So you do like Maria Grace," Kieran told Clyde, smiling impishly all the way.

"Yes but please don't tell her. I don't want her to know until we leave school or something. Luckily she didn't find out on Valentine's Day despite the fact that I made it extremely obvious. Besides, you like Vanessa. Speaking of Vanessa, can I please tell you that secret about her now?"

"Go ahead," was all Kieran said.

So Clyde said it. At least, he was about to, until Kieran had stopped him halfway, once again.

Clyde had only managed to say "the secret about Vanessa is..." before Kieran interrupted rudely, trying to read Clyde's mind on what Kieran thought Clyde was going to say.

"The secret about Vanessa is that she's not single anymore?" Kieran guessed. "Yes, Clyde. I know that."

Clyde was confused.

"What do you mean, she's not single anymore? Who's her boyfriend?"

Kieran remained silent for a while, before grinning, and winking crookedly at Clyde.

"You're Vanessa's boyfriend, isn't it?" Clyde asked.

"Yeah. Kind of."

"What do you mean, kind of?"

"Kind of hard to explain," Kieran replied. "Anyway.  Before you become annoyed at me again, what's the real secret about Vanessa?"

Clyde sighed, he didn't know how to get it across to Kieran.

He knew what Kieran was like with secrets: would become vexed at him for not telling him earlier, would feel like Clyde didn't  trust him... The pain was unbearable.

"Okay, Kieran. Please do not get ticked  off at me for not telling you sooner, but here is the real secret about Vanessa."

Kieran remained silent for a while as Clyde kept on helplessly talking.

"The secret about Vanessa is..."

Kieran's eyes widened, then his smile fell at what Clyde had said next.

"I can't say it. Sorry," Clyde admitted, annoying the life out of Kieran.

Kieran whacked him with his maths book, before swearing at him twice, and yelling, "for flip sake, Clyde! You might as well tell me. I'm not leaving here until you do."

Clyde rolled his eyes in disbelief, and then tried again.

"Okay. Here goes nothing. The real, genuine secret about Vanessa is..."

Dramatic pause.
Nobody dared  say anything.

"Please don't get mad at me."

"I'm already mad now, because you refuse to say it. What is it?"

Clyde said it. He didn't know how, it just slipped out of his mouth, just like that.

"Vanessa's my sister."

That was when Kieran almost passed out on the floor for real, making his reaction a lot more extreme than Clyde had thought.

"Vanessa's your sister? Vanessa's your sister? Vanessa's your sister?"