Chapter Seventy (The Last)

Start from the beginning

"I'll be there tomorrow morning just please tell A to text me too to keep my informed this is crazy."

"Okay, okay."

I hung up the phone sighing just as I stepped back inside. Trey was in the kitchen eating, a little to close to the door for my liking but I honestly didn't care because I moved on. I headed back into the living room. Trey then came back within' five minutes so I knew what his motives were– right then and there.

"Everyone I have to leave, I have an emergency meeting."

"Emergency meeting? This is a family matter right now!" My mother says frustrated.

"Layla will be okay, she will. I can bet of that, and I'll be back. I'm losing too much money as we speak. And I'll take to her before I leave."

"So money is more important than your own daughter?"

I ignored her and walked away upstairs to pack my things. She had no room to talk about me, she's far away from deserving mother of the year.

Luckily nothing was really taken outside besides makeup, so I packed that and made a quick flight reservation for tonight on my phone. Luckily I have a automatic vip access to Delta first class so it didn't take long at all.

I walked the room to go talk to Layla, where Terrence was going down the stairs. She was in they're master bedroom, crying and sniffing. I sat next to her grabbing her hand. She looked at me with her big brown eyes with trepidation.

"You know I had a miscarriage right. And it wasn't just me not being able to have her. I was raped by my ex. Back then it was ten times worst because it was a lot of mistakes I made and mistreatment in the relationships I've hand. I know the feeling when you feel you're child kick inside of you, and you see the sonograms it's touching. But you're still young, and you can try again. Now you just have a little guardian angel too. I've had many dreams where I met my first daughter, and she talked to me through people and all that. It's life changing."

She nodded as her sad face started to fade away, she didn't smile she was just neutral.

"Yeah I know, I just felt broken when I heard those words of my child is not going to make it."

"It gets easier. Because after I had a miscarriage I had you. And you pulled me through a lot of shit." I kissed her forehead as she hugged me for a while.
"But I have to go, I have a emergency at KM, and I need to get there."

"Oh okay." She smiled weakly.

****

After I got back in California, I immediately went to check on KM. Antwan did give me updates on who could have possibly did this amongst other things. With me being there, they finally got the website on pause and should be shutting down to reopen later. I sat in my office a little jet lagged, even though I did get a little rest on the plane I was just tired.

I laid my head on my desk after hearing the news of the website being shut down. I wanted to go home but didn't have the energy to get up and drive. It was now seven pm and I immediately heard Marcus and Bam's voice outside the door.

"Yeah I don't know why she had that full face of clown makeup on." Marcus says loudly, from the conversation he was having with Bam.