Chapter Fifty Nine

Kera Wendell.

"Where's daddy, he was supposed to talk to my teacher?" Adrian said, stuffing his face with Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

"I don't know baby, but why don't you just tell her, he'll come a different time. Because I have to go work." I sighed not knowing or caring where Trey was. He left last night and hadn't come back.

"Alright, is he gonna be back later? He said he was taking me to get my hair cut."

"He should be, if not I'll take you Dre."

"Finish up, we all have to head out soon."

"Alright Ma, I don't wanna miss my flight." Layla says, coming from the stairs to say goodbye to me and the kids.

"Leaving already?" Avanni frowned.

"Yeah, I have to get back to work and my home in Miami but one day you guys can come down with mom and visit."

"Sounds cool."

"Alright 'Lay." I kissed her cheek.

"Bye guys." She waved once more and grabbed her luggage.

***

"So I found some models that might be a great fit for the KM but we still are doing the auditions, as well. Do you want to have auditions asap or after the clothing gets here?" One of my employees said.

"Doesn't matter, better to do them as soon as possible."

"Ok got it, are you still doing the deal with Fashion Nova?"

"Yes, you can talk to Mila about that."

She nodded and walked out. I clicked on some of my leftover emails, making sure they were clear for any other upcoming offers.

Tremaine Neverson

I woke from the sun shooting through the blinds. I'd slept with the same clothes from yesterday not being able to change. I got and got a unused toothbrush from the guest room bathroom, as the aroma of bacon hit my nose.

Knowing that I was supposed to go to Adrian school this morning, which I forgot to do amongst other things.

Gargling listerine I finished, washed my face and headed downstairs after grabbing my phone which was dead. I enter the kitchen seeing mama making breakfast and Keenon on his laptop.

"Good morning."

"Good morning baby, want some breakfast?" Mama replied stirring grits.

"Good morning."

"Yes ma'am."

"Didn't you say you had to go to the school for Adrian, it's ten now?"

"I forgot, slept in."

"I know what you and Kera going through but you still have to be there for your kids."