Chapter Fourty Seven

Kera Wendell

Being that it was a few days later, Layla was still at her father's and he said he was keeping her home from school. Today there wasn't any school due to Superintendents Day so the younger ones were home too. After sending Chanel out to buy a list of groceries she came back with that and IHOP takeout breakfast/brunch for the kids.

"Thank you." I told her.

"No problem K."

While I was helping put away the groceries the kids still didn't come down. I decided to see what my munchkins were up too.

Avanni and Allisya were doing gymnastics in they're room and Adrian was playing with his dinosaur while critiquing the girls.

"Go eat 'Nel brought IHOP."

"Yay." They cheered.

Each of them ran downstairs trying to get to the pancakes. I went into my room to call Marcus and tell him I'm coming in today. I just wanted to tell him in advance and so I could hear his voice. I missed him. I placed my iPhone to my ear once I heard ringing.

"Hello." Q answered.

"Hey Q where Marcus?"

"Cooking." I heard a few shuffles before Marcus picked up.

"Hey baby girl."

"Hey Marcus, I missed you."

"I missed you too, you gettin' better?"

"Yeah." I sighed lowly.

No...

"The stores been doing good though."

"That's good." I replied hearing Gianna in the background. "You got G this week?"

"Yeah, a lot of shit happend yesterday with her crazy-weird mama but I'll tell you when I see you."

He said knowing Gianna is right there and didn't wanna call her mother crazy right in front of her so he caught himself.

"Wow. Whatchu' cooking?"

"French toast and bacon."

"Sounds good, well I'll see you when I get there."

"Alrighty."

As I hung up I went back downstairs to get ready to breastfeed Kobe who was thankfully not crying, just peacefully watching Bubble Guppies.

"You hungry?" I asked, he just looked at me.

Before I could even register or do anything the doorbell rung. I stopped and went to answer.

It was my father.

I hadn't talked to him since I stormed out.