Chapter Seventy (The Last)

THERE IS A BOOK 5...
CALLED "Defend His Land" 👀 So when you done with this book.... go check it out !

Kera Wendell

"How could this happen-I don't understand?" Layla cried her living room with Terrence rubbing her back. Unfortunately, she lost the baby and it was a shock to all of us. The baby just couldn't survive in the end and she couldn't go through with it– is what the doctors told us.

My mother, Trey, a couple of Terrence's family, was all here trying to be supportive. I mean this is devastating for all of us but mostly to the mother and the father–Layla and Terrence. I know when I lost my first child amongst other things that went on in the past, I was devastated. So I can only imagine and remember what my own daughter is going through, of not being able to have her baby.

"Its okay, you can try again & God is keeping that baby safe." Terrence's mother emphasized.

"It's not fair!" She sobbed into her hands before getting up and running off to her room upstairs.

"This is unexpected not only for her but for all of us. And I don't want her to beat herself up about it. It hurts, I mean I went through this. You have to keep pushing through any and everything ultimately." I told Trey as he nodded.

Him and I were on good terms, he'd have the kids two week and I'd have them the rest of the month– which also goes by our schedules. I like that we can co-parent with out the bullshit and hate behind it.

My phone rung out of the blue and, who it was made me smile. Trey looked at me and I felt him see who it was but he didn't say anything. I think he saw but I mean I really don't care either way. I stepped in the kitchen on the front porch to answer. It was Tristan.

"Hello."

"Hey– I wanna– can we talk?" He stuttered a little.

"I'm in Florida right now it was a family, emergency but when I get back probably."

"I miss you." He says more so out of the blue but I lowkey expected it.

"I miss you too." I said with confidence.

"Good."
I rolled my eyes as if he could see me.

"Let me call you back though, okay?"

"Okay baby." He replied making the same butterfly fly across my stomach happily.

"Alright bye."

Just as I hung up the phone another call appears and at first I wasn't going to answer it. I mean it was just Bam, but I did because she was in California with the kids.

"Wassup." I answered looking up at the sky.

"Emergency meeting at KM you need to get here fast."

"What, why what happened?"

"Somebody in the building either leaked or hacked the system and are giving away free merchandise online."

"What! Is the tech crew stopping?"

"They're trying. Antwan's there right now keeping me informed, because I'm at home with the kids. I didn't wanna take them there but we're losing too much money."