Chapter Thirteen

Tremaine Neverson

Due to the fact Adrian still didn't feel good, I'd let him stay home. The rest of the kids were in school, just as I finished making grilled cheese and tomato soup for Adrian and I.

"Dre come eat." I told him placing a juice box onto the table with his food.

He came to the table with a half smile I'm guessing he was feeling a little better. He poked a hole in his juicebox biting his sandwich.

"When is mommy coming home?" He asks nonchalantly.

"In a few more days."

"You wanna get your chain today?" He nodded eating some of his soup. Just as I was about to take another munch on my cheesy sandwich August calls me.

"Hello."

"Hi uncle Trey." Anthony, August' son answered.

"Hi neph, whatchu doing and why you ain't in school?"

"I had a doctors appointment."

"Ohhhh." I heard a shuffle just as August picked up the phone.

"What's good?"

"Nothing much, nigga you know chillin with Adrian because he wasn't feeling well."

"Oh, me and Ant bouta' stop by."

"Alright."

"Alright, cause' I'm driving right now." He says finishing his goodbyes.

"Was that Anthony?" Adrian asks.

"Yup."

"He coming over?"

"Yeah." He took a casual sip from his juice box.

In a matter of ten minutes I cleaned up the few dishes just as Adrian and I watched SpongeBob. I've been meaning to take Adrian to the SpongeBob live show that's coming soon so I could have a father-son day with him. Marlon crawled next to Adrian just as I took a picture for Instagram.

The doorbell begin to ring and I knew it was August so I just yelled come in

The doorbell begin to ring and I knew it was August so I just yelled come in. Anthony came in behind August playing a game on August' phone.

"Hi uncle Trey." He says spotting Adrian and sitting next to him.

"Hey Ant."

August and I went into the kitchen to talk and he starts raging at my refrigerator.

"Nigga you don't eat?" I asked closing my phone.

"She don't be cooking half of the time. She be so tired." I chuckled.