Chapter Six

Kera Neverson

Trey and I've been married for years and if he thought what I said wasn't clear enough, wait until I actually made a decision. I'm so sick of his ways, he's not perfect neither but he needs to change his ways and I mean that. I can't deal with raising the kids by myself, trying to go to work amongst other things in my life.

I removed my hot cup of tea from the microwave carefully pouring some honey into it. I grabbed a spoon stirring leisurely, just as I took a sip. I sat on the couch up until the front door startled me and in walked Layla and my dad. I could tell she had been crying but, I was just happy, as a mother because she was home and safe.

"Layla your okay." I say hugging her carefully being that I hadn't seen my child in days and didn't know where she'd been.

"Yeah I'm fine." She mumbled seeing her family.

"Alright dad I'll call you." I say giving him a hug and kissing his cheek. He kissed Layla's forehead and stared at Trey for a moment. The tension between these two was was thicker than blood.

Just as my dad walked out, Jayden walked in. The look Layla and Jayden gave each other was infuriated. It was simply so much tension in the house today, it needed to be resolved immediately.

Trey: "We need to talk as a family, Jayden your not going anywhere for the rest of the day." Trey states in demanding heading to the dinner room table. He grabbed himself a vitamin water sitting down after Layla and Jayden came to the table.

Trey: "I wanna be able to handle these problems, as a family without you doing something crazy and you running away. I don't want that as a father to know my daughter is obligated to feel and do so. I don't wanna get no counseling and shit, because we should be able to handle this. Yall both he growing up."

Layla: "I ran away because you obviously treat Jayden different from me, he gets more leeway and it's not fair, what just because I'm a female and I'm your daughter. I'm a big girl and can handle things. If I can't I would have come to you. Do you know how annoying that is? And mom sometimes you know he's in the wrong but you stand by him."

"I've told him many times to you be equal."

Jayden: "But yet you think you slick. Whatchu' and that boy been doing? Why you always wit' him? You lucky I let him live." Jayden replied making Trey and I confused a bit.

Layla: "I'm definitely not doing what you think I'm doing because I don't wanna be in the same position you and Jayla's past position. Your my half brother, stay out of my life. I'm smarting than half of the girls you talk too and Major isn't like that, touch him again and you won't be living."

Trey: "What is going on?"

Jayden: "I jumped her little boyfriend and I'm not afraid to admit that."

Layla: "I'd been staying with Major and his brother, I don't know why Jayden felt he needed to touch him. When that's what Jayla's father should have did to you when you almost got her pregnant."

Jayden: "Fuck you say!"

Trey: "Watch your mouth!"

Jayden: "I'm tried of her saying slick- stuff."

Layla: "Stay outta' my life. Dad has always treated you better but it's just showing me something about the both of you. Next time you talk to Jayla tell her to watch her back!" Layla smirks making Jayden try to get in her reach.