Chapter Thirty Two

Kera Neverson
Two weeks later

"Mom can I just stay here?"

"Layla." Was all I needed to say in a tone that she knew meaning to stop asking.

I'd just moved into my house a week ago, nice decorated six bedrooms

I'd just moved into my house a week ago, nice decorated six bedrooms. It wasn't in Bel Air, I moved in closer to Los Angles area. I love my space I made sure I got all my things out of the house last week well the movers did.

And even when I came back I still didn't see my baby father, we hadn't been around each other in three weeks and guess who couldn't give a fuck. Kera. I was happy not seeing my baby father, we communicate through text message or through the kids. I have nothing to say to him and he shouldn't say shit else to me.

Layla was asking me if she could stay here full time and not go back and fourth to her father's how. I mean there's wasn't a problem on my end but there might be on his. Being that's still his daughter.

"You always say that."

"Okay then talk to him and see what he's says." I guess my answer was satisfactory due to the fact she removed herself from the living room.

Kobe was getting so big it was unreal, he'd already be five months and not a new born. Adrian and Allisya was outside practicing soccer and I'm guessing with Layla now. Avanni wanted to assist me on helping with Kobe. She was making facing at him and he always love that no matter who's doing it.

It's been weeks since I'd talked to Marcus. The last time I'd heard from him was when he called me and I was giving him 'one word responses' I don't know, I guess I didn't want to talk. He use to call a lot but I guess he'd figure that I was ignoring him.

Another thing I was working back on was Curvy Q. I was official re opening tomorrow and I was excited to be back with it. The KMN project was hold and I also needed to change the name. I didn't want none of my work involving 'Neverson'

I honestly didn't feel like working a sweat in the kitchen so I just order a box of pizza for the kids and I. I turned onto Atlanta Housewives while enjoying myself a cup of tea.

The only people I have been talking too were my family, Korea, my dad, my mother of course, my brother and Kim. When I told me dad I was divorcing he was more happy than I was. He was never to fond of my ex husband but none of that matters now.

Kim's contact pops up just as I accept her call.

"Hey Kimmy." I said nonchalantly.

"This ain't Kim, this Marcus. Is there a reason why you've been ignoring my calls." I immediately got shook because I couldn't think of a 'lie' fast enough.

I was just hurt when he was ignoring me those two days when I really needed comfort. I understand he might of been busy but I don't get people like that. If you have a working phone and you are busy, don't leave people on read letting them know you saw the messages or simply ignore it. Just say you're busy and end it at that. But I guess some like that 'chasing feeling'

"I was getting my house, and sending emails..."

"That lie ain't shit." He tone was unfazed.

"I'm not lying. Why are you on Kim's line calling me?"

"Because for some reason you been ignoring me for the past two weeks."

"Look I got to get these kids fed I'll call back." I hung up sipping on my tea and going back to my show. I wasn't in the mood to be interrogated.

"Ma' pizza' here." Layla says smilingly. Even since I moved she's even been more happy, which only makes things worst on his head. He was the source of all problems.

She ran and got the fifty dollar bill from my hand to pay the guy. I don't know why she gets so exited over food anyway. I got up to set the table with Avanni. She grabbed the juice from the refrigerator being a very big help.

"Thank you so much Vani."

"Your welcome mommy."

Adrian and Allisya carried the two boxes of pizza together as if it weight a hundred pounds. I giggled to myself helping them curious of where Layla is.

"Where Layla?"

"Outside." Adrain responds.

I took out slices out for the kids and some for myself as they pigged out. Layla then came back grabbing a few slices herself.

***

The kids were off to bed ready for school, and then they're father would have them the rest of the month. That's how our schedule works. Layla was eating raw cookie dough on my bed while watching re runs of Empire.

"Can I stay home from school--"

"Go to bed right now."

"Ma."

"No because it's already ten and you gonna be tired in the morning." She sighed going into her bedroom. I made sure Kobe's baby monitor was one while easing myself to bed.