Chapter Thirty Nine

Kera Wendell

Lights, camera, action!

Marcus and I took our seats with our team surrounding us. Even Kim came and supported him and I. Marcus and I are nominated for two categories: Best Fashion Looks, Best Fashion Collaboration. Hopefully we bring at least one home for the office.

Marcus grabbed and held my hand just as a nominee went up to accept her award for another nomination. I was wearing a white dress that had sparkles and gold on it, that my designer and team picked out and Marcus had a gold black and white suit. I was truly blessed tonight.

Mama even came down from NYC to support my big day, but the kids stayed with my father and had a mini party for me. I love my parents a lot because without them I wouldn't be where I am today and they're such a big help the kids. Mama sat on the right side of me and Marcus on my left, Marcus adores my mother and vise versa which made my heart happy.

It was time for one of the awards I'm nominated for just as The Weekend got off stage from singing. His songs doesn't really grab my attention but he's okay live. Empire, star and living legend Taraji P. Henson comes out to present this award which made me nervous and anxious.

"I am Taraji P. Henson presenting the award for best collaboration. This two have worked hard years and earned what I call a company," The crowd laughing because of Empire reference. "It takes skills and patiences because you can't just buy a business and start working with people you like. It was a lot a behind the scenes and Los Angeles very own place to shop. They've worked with some of the tops brands and have many more success and blessing to come. Here are the nominees."

•••

"And the winner for Best Collaboration is Kera and Marcus." I immediately stood up a little shook but in confidence. I kissed Marcus cheek and hugged him as well as my mother. The audience and crowd cheered while me and my team walked up to accept the award.

On staged I hugged Taraji feeling like a little kid. He accepted the award while going to the microphone.

"I just wanna thank the fans, the people, God for rocking with us. This has always been something I've been wanted to do and now I'm standing up here with my baby, my best friend. We may argue but we still love each other. We're moving forward and if you didn't help build this do claim credit. If your not standing behind us, next to us, putting in work this award not for you boo." I giggled softly before taking my turn.

"You know me and my struggles. You've watched me struggle and my love life which hasn't been great but this is my love right now. The past year Marcus and I put so much work in this, I've put so much work in with my kids, going to the gym and trying to keep myself healthy and happy. I just wanna thank my team, my family and fans. I have no room for negativity and people who try to calm and bring me down. Thank you." I grabbed Marcus hand just as the rest of us walked back stage.

It's truly a blessing.

A rampage of congratulations overpowered him and I as we got backstage. Alicia Keys was now preforming one of her songs just as Marcus and I did a happy dance.

"We did it."

We'd walked over to the red carpet to take more pictures now with the award. Marcus was obviously being extra, but today it was funny.