Chapter Twenty (Part Two)

Tremaine Neverson

"I have to tell you something, and my sister needs to talk to you Trey but please believe me when I say this..." She sighed so big I thought someone died.

"I'm Lauren's sister..."

"Excuse me?" My body flinched upon hearing Lauren. Okay, if that was the case, Lauren and I has nothing nor a reason to be in contact anymore. Then again Linda was lying to my face right now... I shook my head irritated by this lie that could be true.

"Trey!" She pulled my arm. "I knew you probably wouldn't believe me that's why I have proof." She took her phone from her pocket, going to her gallery showing me pictures, id's and personal information and sure enough the were related.

I sighed feeling frustrated because what was the reason Lauren wanted to talk to me. Because the last time we "talked" it didn't end well.

"Okay, what do y'all want?" I say.

"I don't want anything but for you and her to talk, you can set it up anything, have security but what she's gonna tell you will shake the hell out of you because it did me. I won't say because it's something you and her need to talk about Trey. This could change your life depending on how you look at it. Please she's not gonna pull anything. She's gotten better." Linda pleaded giving me Lauren's number on a piece of paper.

Her whole demeanor and her tone meant this was something serious, but if it's any funny business when I do follow through. I'm filling for a restraining order asap.

"Damn bruh, so wait Lauren got a sister?" August asked curiously.

"Yeah I had forgot. This was damn near twenty years ago when I was fooling around with her that way. Her sister was older so she graduated and went to college."

"Does Kera know?"

"No, and I don't want her to know. I don't need her stressing out. I just need to handle whatever it is and go about my business." I explained.

"When you gone handle this?"

"Probably after the birthday celebration tomorrow because damn I kinda wanna know..." I shook my head.

"If I ain't one thang' it's another."

"You tellin' me." I agreed concerned.

"On a good note y'all, decided the baby name?"

"Yeah. Top secret tho." He rolled his eyes.

"Keep ya head up and keep doing ya' thing." He dapped me up just as nodded.

"Appreciate it." I headed out hopping into my Range Rover, calling Kera.

"Hello." She greeted so happily it actually put a smile on my face.

"Hey baby, where y'all at?"

"I took the kids out for lunch." She said.

"Oh."

"You want anything?"

"Nah, I ate some ribs, August cooked." I was so tempted to tell her about what Linda told me but with her being pregnant and the history Lauren and I had its best to handle this on my own.