Chapter Five

A couple days later

Kera Neverson

"It doesn't hurt sweetie

"It doesn't hurt sweetie." Nurse Morrison said to Allisya who was scared because she thought it would hurt.

I kept her home from school, because her appointment was at ten and usually doesn't end until twelve. Trey went to the studio after he checked in with the detectives on finding Layla.

"Good job Allisya." Nurse Morrison continued after she'd put her arm carefully on the ex ray.

***

Allisya was healthy as in no broken bones, or anything just a little sore from the fall. She finished eating her lollipop just as
we walked in Coaśta Foods to surprise Trey at work, since he's been wanting Italian food. I grabbed Allisya's hand just as my purse swung on my left side.

"OMG Kera!" One of the teenage workers said, she had her mouth covered in shock that she saw me.

"Hi, sweetheart." She blushed just as I gave her a hug. After she'd collected herself I placed a chicken parmesan order with a kids meal. Allisya was standing on the side of me trying to look up but was too little.

I stood to the side taking a quick selfie with a few fans while waiting which I didn't mind at all. My food was finally done, due to the fact they're known for fresh food unlike most places. The intrigued smell of the chicken parm made my nose smile. "Thank you." I told her and walked out.

I sat the food on the passenger seat after making sure Allisya was in carefully. Once the ignition was started I backed away from the lot listening to No Limit by Usher. Allisya was too busy watching DisneyJr on her iPad.

It dawned on me again that my oldest child wasn't with me, and I didn't know where she was. As a mother it makes me wonder what am I doing wrong?

If my dad, the detectives, mama April
called I knew they would have an update on Layla but I hadn't had a call since yesterday. And that scared me.

After Allisya and I both hopped out of my Range Rover, I held the food as she had the drinks. The automatic doors opened just as I caught the non busy elevator.